Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Lithium limb problem?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Martin Lithium limb problem?

Ok in the past week I've had this problem on 2 different Lithiums. After about a 150 shots my first lithium showed same problems as pics below on both top limbs. Took it to my dealer and he gave me a new bow since it had been less than a week since my original purchase. I brought the new bow home yesterday and today I heard a creek as I drew back. Began inspecting the bow and saw the bottom limb. Same as the top limbs on other lithium. Mybe 75 shots on this bow. Is it safe to shoot or does Martin need to do some more research on their limb building process? Bow season is now only 2 weeks away! 10350631_276265699235311_2931748911716589664_n.jpg10592767_276265712568643_8505636814768004071_n.jpg
    2014 PSE Drive LT, 68lb, 30.5 in. (AMO)
    2011 MARTIN SABER MAG Bowfishing Rig
    PSE TAKE DOWN RECURVE Bowfishing Backup
    A few more eirlooms I can't name

Super Moderator FishingandHuntingUSA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Call John Nelson at Martin 8005418902 I have had no issues, for 2015 they have changed to a different limb maker though

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for th info. I'm gonna take it to my dealer and see what he can do. This is the same problem on two diff bows in just over a week. If I can get another bow from my dealer I'll be done with Martins until this is not a problem. I thought th split limbs were supposed to fix this.

Post Thanks / Like

Must be a fluke with the two bows. I have had a Nemesis 35 for 9 months. And have shot the hell out of it with no limb problems. Must have had a wrong mixing of compounds material?
    Quote Originally Posted by grhhunter View Post
    Thanks for th info. I'm gonna take it to my dealer and see what he can do. This is the same problem on two diff bows in just over a week. If I can get another bow from my dealer I'll be done with Martins until this is not a problem. I thought th split limbs were supposed to fix this.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I've seen this on a blade, they weren't splinters or anything, just weird looking.

That blade shoots light out and those "cracks" haven't expanded or anything. I would think you're ok, just check for noises while drawing back

Post Thanks / Like

I am the largest Martin archery dealer in Idaho and I personally own three nemesis 35.I have never seen that and I have had zero warranty issues with 2014 Martin Bows.
    Last edited by themiddleman; 08-30-2014 at 11:41 AM.
    Owner of Prairie archery
    Grangeville, Idaho

7. Likes Arrow Splitter liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Cant tell from the pics on here but that may just be the camo dip, not actually the limb.

Post Thanks / Like

This is not the camo finish if you look close the pic with the finger in it you can see me pulling it a little. There is just enough of a splinter to hang your finger nail under it. As for noises that is how noticed the problem. Had been shooting that morning the all of a sudden the bow made a stang creeking sound when I drew it so I imediatley let it down and began inspecting. I shot it a couple of times after this with no more noise, but I just am not comfortable shooting a bow in this condition especially very near peak draw and weight. Sorry Martin I loved the way the lithitum draws and shoots, but I'm not to sure of the reliability after having 2 bows do this in such a short time period. Couldn't have asked for better service from my dealer. Hated to go away from Martin just lost my confidence in them after this.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had issues with the martin limbs. no help from anyone. I had a cable bust because of weak limb issues (according to Martin). I posted in this forum to try and fix it myself and stick with martin but no help. They need some serious changes before I will go back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PGFbowhunter View Post
    I have had issues with the martin limbs. no help from anyone. I had a cable bust because of weak limb issues (according to Martin). I posted in this forum to try and fix it myself and stick with martin but no help. They need some serious changes before I will go back.
    I had issues with a few martin bows prior to new ownership got a little bent outa shape about it but they always took care of me no questions asked.I told myself no more martins but I just couldn't stay away so I picked up another one and I most likely will sell the xforce and get a new one.
    I know how how you feel anyway good luck on your next bow purchase.