Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slayer Shelf

anton

Default Slayer Shelf

1st off, I don't have a Martin Bow...yet. I started archery hunting to see if I liked it last year-I do and was successful so now it is time to get one of the bows I have had my eyes on for so long but want ed to make sure archery hunting was for me. I am torn between the Firecat and the Slayer and was wondering if anyone knows if you can put one of those Firecat shelves on a Slayer??? (arrow silencing shelf plate). I will be ordering the bow from my local dealer in the next few weeks since it may take a while (lefty, etc.)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know. Sorry.

anton

and now that the question is out there awaiting an answer (hopefully), will it matter???

Post Thanks / Like

I do not think so.. :P
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

anton

Montalaar,
    Do you mean it won't matter or you don't think it will work? I am concered about sound specifically-an arrow hitting there cost me a deer last season I now have moleskin stuck everywhere... no more noise. Looking at the Slayer, it looked like I would have to stick more moleskin in that area. If you mean it won't work-thats different! Am still trying to decide between the 2 and am slowly leaning towards firecat due to wieght and size (i am out in the woods a LOT with my bow so it will make a difference to me.

uebrigens, hallo...

Post Thanks / Like

Hallo.

I do not think that there is this much difference between the two arrow shelfs. I shoot a normal arrow shelf that leads to no sound i would think too much about. I do also nit think that the arrow shelf should be the reason to take not one bow. There are too many other factors.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

anton

yes- I know, was just wondering if I could do it... Am REALLY looking to the Firecat now though... Will likely order within the next 10 days as I need a lefty...willl surely take a while. I like the lower weight and A2A of the Firecat. For the thick woods here in the Northeast, overall bow size really matters IMO-at least when I am spot-n-stalking. Next to smell though, sound of equip. is what burnt me in the cases where I spooked them.

Post Thanks / Like

I was almost ready to say that all the shelf guards should be the same---for simplicity, but.............

I just compared the shelf pad on my FireCat against the one on my Pantera and they are different. The bolt holes are about 3/32" wider on the FireCat. That, plus the parts catalog only lists the new one for the FireCat and Moab. That leaves me to believe they are not interchangeable.

For anybody interested the bolt spread on the padded shelf is about
    1 19/32" whereas the one on the Pantera is 1 1/2". There also might be other slight differences such as the height to wrap over the shelf itself.

Kind of sucks, don't it?

anton

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Kind of sucks, don't it?
    Will tell you in about a week-10 days I am REALLY leaning towards the Firecat right now in which case it would not matter-I think the added weight and size of the Slayer would just be too much.

anton

thanks everyone for your input-visited my pro dealer today, everything is set and he will be putting in the order for my Firecat (Lefty) in a week or so. He checked and current wait is 4wks + so I will have to wait quite a bit I guess for it to get over to NH...

*That bow is NICE though!!!