Thread: Draw Weight?

boomer650

Default Draw Weight?

When i change my draw weight do i need to do anything else? Am i going to re-sight in the pins? Or move my Loop position? And what is the best way to check that booth limbs match up?

New to the sport?

Post Thanks / Like

Explain what the bow is set at now and what you plan to do. I could tell you all about checking tiller, but probably the easiest way to get started is to just bottom both limbs, then weigh the bow. Back out both limbs equally a turn at a time to the desired draw weight. Then completely retune the bow if it's presently tuned for shooting.

This is pretty basic, but I think it's best to do one thing at a time till you have more experience.

If you can find a copy, get one of Easton's Tuning Guide. This is almost considered a Bible of sorts on bow setups and tuning. Best part is that it explains things in laymen's terms.

Let us know how you make out.

flytier17

1 turn changes it by 3 lbs. 5 turns away from bottommed is max. If there is a specific poundage, you can make quarter or half turns as well, as long as you do the same amount for both top and bottom bolts.

I'll second that about the Easton Tuning Guide. I downloaded it of their website. Very good. I learned a lot from that manual. My go-to reference.

boomer650

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Explain what the bow is set at now and what you plan to do. I could tell you all about checking tiller, but probably the easiest way to get started is to just bottom both limbs, then weigh the bow. Back out both limbs equally a turn at a time to the desired draw weight. Then completely retune the bow if it's presently tuned for shooting.

This is pretty basic, but I think it's best to do one thing at a time till you have more experience.

If you can find a copy, get one of Easton's Tuning Guide. This is almost considered a Bible of sorts on bow setups and tuning. Best part is that it explains things in laymen's terms.

Let us know how you make out.
    Its set at 61 and want to bring 65. Is there a way to check to see if the limbs are equal?

Post Thanks / Like

Check youre tiller, thats what tells you that your limbs are equal. Measure from youre string to the limb pockets on both limbs. Kenny