Thread: possible dumb question

Post Thanks / Like

Default possible dumb question

Ok guys, I'm a newbie to compounds, and just bought a 2006 Slayr, and my dumd question is; What is the difference between a Slayr and a Slayer? Other than the e, of course. Please, try to hold down the laughing and finger pointing. Thanks.
    Last edited by elkslayer4x5; 03-25-2008 at 12:10 PM. Reason: addition

flytier17

No, Good question.

The riser design changed, and the Slayer is 10fps faster. Also a bit lighter as well. Same A2A and cams though.

Post Thanks / Like

You're right. Dumb question. LOL.

I'll answer it as best I can according to the history lessons I've learned. The SlayR was the first version of this bow, brought into production in 2004 and designed by George Ryals (note the spelling), who worked for Martin (engineer--bow designer?). Note that SlayR is Ryals spelled backwards.

Since then he has moved on to other things. Used to be known as GRIV on Archery Talk. Now has his own website called Archery Learning Center.

So in essense they are the same bow. Just little improvements from year to year to the same basic design and the "e" added to the name. So it used to be a SlayR and now it's a Slayer---for real. Animal slayer or X slayer, it's a speedster for sure

Now, that's the version I have adopted. Whether it is accurate or not is another matter.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Well, glad that the question was'nt too dumb. Thanks for the history lesson. Learn something new every day, if you listen. Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

You bet. Come back any time and sooner or later you'll get a dumb answer from me.