Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: draw length question

shanks1

Default draw length question

I have just purchased a new Martin Saber Compound Bow. I have the draw set at 28" and it is a little to short. 29" is to long. I was wondering if there is anything i can buy or do to get 1/2 inch settings for this. It has the M-Pro cams on it.

thanks

Nick

Post Thanks / Like

Darrenhood

With the M-Pro cam, you can change draw modules without moving the draw stop, or move the draw stop without necessarily changing a module.

This is where you can have adjustable percentage of let off.

Mine was at 29". I put on the 30" module without moving the stop. This keeps the bow from dropping as far into the valley at full draw, making for a higher holding weight. of course I soon grew tired of it, moved the stop, increasing the DL & gaining a lower hold weight at full draw.

You should be able to adjust your draw stop post to achieve any draw length you want, it slides in a machined slot in the cam, you can lock it down anywhere.

Then you can keep a shorter draw module in place, for greater let off & lower hold weight.

Or:

Put on a longer length module which will keep the peak weight ramped up longer thru the draw cycle and not drop as far into the valley before hitting the recently adjusted draw stop post. Setting it this way should make the most horse power.

If you bought your bow new, it should have come with a bag full of draw length modules.

Or, you can remove the draw stop post from the cam & rely on the flat part of the chosen draw module to provide the back wall for your draw length, just not as much adjustability that way.
    Last edited by Darrenhood; 03-26-2008 at 02:04 PM.

flytier17

WOW, Diana, i'm impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Might have something in that head after all, besides sand.

flytier17

I don't even know enough about that mpro to make that kinda post.

Darrenhood

My I.Q. test score didn't have a number, it was the infinity symbol.

I was the only guy on the ranch that took the time to read the book that came with the chainsaw. Next thing you know, I'm the chainsaw guru.
    Last edited by Darrenhood; 03-27-2008 at 02:10 PM.

dbd870

I see we're starting to get some entertainment on here; does anyone have any popcorn???

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing wrong with some humor. Nothing wrong with popcorn either. At least it isn't fattening like sitting in front of this puter.

flytier17

Quote Originally Posted by Darrenhood View Post
    My I.Q. test score didn't have a number, it was the infinity symbol.

I was the only guy on the ranch that took the time to read the book that came with the chainsaw. Next thing you know, I'm the chainsaw guru.
    Dianahood, your infinity symbol, did it have another symbol in front of it, looks like this: - ?

Well, look on the bright side. It's easy to use the chainsaw, or at least easier than hauling the branches, which is proly what the other guys were stuck doing.

By the way, you said you READ the manual? Sure you didn't watch it on TV? I think you learned off the horror flick "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre". I sure as heck don't think you can read. The only way you post on here is by an electronic recording microphone.

flytier17

Quote Originally Posted by dbd870 View Post
    I see we're starting to get some entertainment on here; does anyone have any popcorn???
    Thats why I put a smilie face after my name in my sig. line. To apologise for all the insults I throw around in the post. If I'm not being insulting, it can be interpereted as "have a nice day".

Except to Dianahood. He should always see this one