Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Three Piece Riser

flytier17

How long would this process of decay take?

Diana, You are just so succeptibe for that humiliation, we can't resist.

cdfirefighter1

since the risers are also put together with stainless steel I really dont think there will ever be a problem with them.. seems like a good solid design to me.. and Ill keep buying them

Post Thanks / Like

Man!! Yall are just brutal . I like good discussions, guess I'm just old school when it comes to everything. I like the concept of using smaller billets to machine the riser parts from and pass the savings down to the customer, shows a company willing to give you the best product possible without eating a hole in the ole wallet. With a lifetime warranty, and I tend to keeps things for a long time; ie. the same wife for 24 years, the same house for 20 years, the same truck for.... well, you get the picture, you really can't go wrong. Guess I'll just have to buy one and add it to my collection, but which one will it be

flytier17

Get the Firecat!

Our shop is selling MOABS for $316 Cdn. HTats less than the Bengal is being advertised for USD!!!!!! And these are top-notch bows.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll have to find a local dealer and try one out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magnumz View Post
    I'll have to find a local dealer and try one out.

What do you want to use it for? I'd pick the Mystic for a combo target/3D bow.

For hunting only, where ranges are fairly short I'd opt for the Moab. It's pretty much the same as the Bengal, but mass weight is less with the new riser design.

Of course, I'm a speed freak so I chose the FireCat. This will be my dedicated 3D bow for this year. I'm temporarily only able to draw about 35#, but set up for 3D, shooting a 267gr arrow at 27" draw this things doing about
    250-260 fps right now. If and when I get my strength back and shoot 50# I figure to tweak something around 290-295 fps. Shouldn't be that hard as my Pantera/nitrous X was doing 287 fps at the same specs and it IBO's 20-30 fps slower than the FireCat.

The trick to testing these bows is, when you shoot them, see what kind of poundage it takes to achieve a certain speed. In other words, shoot the Moab and crono it. Then shoot the FireCat and see what poundage it takes to achieve the same speed. Bet you find it's about 7-8# less. This tends to maked the draw curve a little more user friendly, plus it doesn't wear and tear the arms and shoulders out as much over time.

Just a thought.

Barry

Post Thanks / Like

I'll keep that in mind when I test them out. It will mainly be used for hunting with some 3-D for fun. I'm use to a 2001 PSE Carrera 30" @ 65lbs with the U1 cam, Trophy Taker drop rest, D-loop, Rock Solid string and cable, Beman ICS Hunter arrows @ 30" with FOB's. I just got the itcheys for something new to play with.