Thread: New Moab

gspjake

Default New Moab

Just got my new MOAB set up last night. Very nice shooting bow. I had a Martin Warthog Magnum A+ that I had shot since 1986, awesome bow, just finally decided to get into the 21st century with the new stuff. First shot with the MOAB in the bull, second shot hit the first arrow. Jon at Cabelas in K.C. set the bow up for me and did an excellent job with it.

I am very pleased with the smoothness of the draw and lack of vibration. Can't wait to go turkey hunting with it.
    Last edited by gspjake; 03-28-2008 at 06:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a suggestion, but for turkey use the biggest expandable head you can find. Glad you like the bow.

flytier17

Congrats, I hope you enjoy it.

jimbow

I got my Moab about a month ago and I love it too. I will also be trying to break it in on a gobbler next month. Good luck and enjoy the bow.

gspjake

Shooting consistent groups at 20, 30, and 40 yards. Very accurate bow. Took some shots at 50-55-60 yards. It is pretty amazing how much it drops between 50 and 60 yards. My last pin is set at 40 yards and the 20, 30, and 40 yard pins are all pretty consistent as far as pin gap is concerned. The bow is very quiet too. Overall I am extremely impressed with it.

I do have one arrow out of the dozen I bought at Cabelas that doesn't fly well. Might just be the nock, but I am not sure. The other 11 are all good to go. Gonna see what Cabelas might do with the arrow that is flying crappy.

johnnyragu

Default The MOAB

Like many of you, I want to purchase the MOAB Hunter. I'm looking to buy a package- anyone know some good shops that might accomodate me for the best price? I live in Michigan>JR

flytier17

Up here in Canada, I know a shop that sells them for $316

dbd870

It is a very nice shooting bow isn't it. I may have one myself yet.