Thread: Bengal Cable Sag

bigbull1

Default Bengal Cable Sag

About every 15 shots my cable sags perfectly in line with my sight. I have checked to see that they are within the cable guard and everything looks ok. I dropped it off at the bow shop, but the pro looked puzzled.

I am still experiencing string twist and hope the pro can re-center the G5 Meta peep. I love the bow, and it shoots very well with the exception of the few issues.

Hope I get it back Friday and the pro has resolved my mysteries.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I understand. What do you mean "sags"? A cable is under some tension at all times so it can't sag. Maybe you mean the cable rod isn't offset far enough. Is that it? Is your cable rod stright or doglegged? If it's doglegged then it's simple to just loosen a setscrew in the riser and adjust it out a little more. Just don't get carried away. Too much and all you'll be creating is more side torque on the limbs and cam.

Something about strings and peep rotation. Sometimes all that's needed is about 10 more twists in the string to help stabilize it. Be aware that twisting the string shortens the draw a llittle and drops the peak weight. You might want to put about half as many twists in the cable to keep the cam in it's present rotation. After this is done you'll have to put 100 or so shots through the bow and see where your at with it. Don't be afraid to experiment.

bigbull1

The cable rod is straight. The cable looks loose when this occurs (always at full draw) and the slack falls in line with my sight. Maybe the straight rod can be adjusted to the right?

Thanks, Ed

Post Thanks / Like

This sounds very strange to me. But i have no experiences with the difference of solocams and their cables to others.

You could call Martin for a doglegged (strange word.. o.O) rod if there is no other solution.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Darrenhood

I read this earlier after Bfisher responded. Was going to offer to drive down to Reno to fix it if it didn't just cost $104.00 to fuel up my diesel pickup.

But now, holey mackerel!! Don't even shoot it. I can't imagine what would have it loose like that unless the cable is out of it's track. Nothing good is going to happen by shooting it.

Odd that it's OK sometimes & only does it once every 10 shots or so.

Just read it all again, I see it's at the shop. Now I gotta know what hapened. Keep us posted.

Goofing around, I've torqued a bow handle enough that the cables get into the sight picture, and the path of the arrow. Wonder if that has anything to do with it?
    Last edited by Darrenhood; 04-02-2008 at 02:19 PM.

bigbull1

I have no clue other than the first couple of times when at full draw and the cable drifted enough to block out the pins, I looked to see if the cable was in the cable guard. I then looked at the cam and idelr wheel to make sure they were in the cable grooves, and everything looks normal. With the exception of the sagging cable blocking the pins.

Maybe the archery shop will have an answer tomorrow...

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

I can't say I've ever heard of this problem. I not making an accusation, but how do you grip the bow? The only thing I can think of is that you are gripping the bow tightly and torquing it.

One reason I say this is because most of the tension switches from the string to the cables at full draw, which should make the cable tighter, not loose.

Just a suggestion, but have someone else shoot the bow and see if the same thing crops up.

And please keep us posted. We are eager to learn, too.

bigbull1

It appears that I am over gripping/torquing the bow with the new wrist strap I installed. Since loosening it, and relaxing my grip, the problem hasn't occured.
    The archery pro could not find anything wrong with my bow and also suggested I was over torquing the bow.

Thanks for your help and wisdom!

Ed

PS- I also replaced my sight with a Spot Hogg 7 pin, which I favor over the old Trophy Ridge.

flytier17

Spot-Hoggs are the BEST. Look at my sig line. I love their stuff.

I had a matrix, and was not impressed. You will like the hogg alot better. Built like a tank!!!!!