Thread: lowtide7

Unregistered

Default lowtide7

Hi
    I was given a Martin Pantera Pro Series bow. Irt is a great bow except it is 31" draw and I take 27". Can you change the draw lenght? I can't see any way to do it with out changing the cams.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi
    I was given a Martin Pantera Pro Series bow. Irt is a great bow except it is 31" draw and I take 27". Can you change the draw lenght? I can't see any way to do it with out changing the cams.
    The bow was given to you? Good deal. To answer your question, YES, you can change the draw length. The bow has an MPro cam, correct? With this you just need to get a F1 module. Then you remove two set screws on the side of the cam holding the present module which should be an F7. Put on the new mod, align the holes and replace the set screws.

Any Martin dealer should have modules or your friend might, as all Martin bows are shipped with a full compliment of modules (F1--F7)

NOW, if one of the screws is hidden behind the limb fork then you can relieve the pressure on the limb by pressing the bow or back out the limb bolts till you can remove the string from the track. Another way that I use is to squeeze the heck out of the cable, pulling it toward the riser till the cam rotates enough to get at the screw. If I can't hold it there I sometimes tie it to the riser with a zip-tie.

Oh, why don't you register and stick around. Come back and visit any time.

Help any?

Darrenhood

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post

Another way that I use is to squeeze the heck out of the cable, pulling it toward the riser till the cam rotates enough to get at the screw. If I can't hold it there I sometimes tie it to the riser with a zip-tie.

You should write a book.

flytier17

You can do cool tricks woth Martimn bows. just this past week, I got shown how to twist a cable and time cams without a press. Only works for an X system.