Thread: Scepter 4 with Nitrous?

Ohio3Der

Default Scepter 4 with Nitrous?

I'd like to put nitrous cams on my S4. I have Elite limbs on it now. I am shooting it at 29.25 inch drawlength. My question is, "what base do I need, and what would the range of that base be?" My next question would be, "which base and range for the next shortest straight limbs and the magnum limbs?"

What is my poundage going to change to from switching from my current furious cams to the new nitrous cams?

Also, my bow in its current condition with elite limbs and furious cams at 29.25 is only getting 274 fps at 5 grains per pound. Is that normal? I moved the mod up two holes to the max setting, measured 30.25", and it only got 284 fps. That seems like that isn't very close to the advertised speed of 305 at 30" at 5 gpp. I wouldn't think the peep and a small loop would cut it near that much. I was expecting 10 more feet, easily.
    Last edited by Ohio3Der; 04-02-2008 at 02:30 PM. Reason: added my speed figures at the bottom.

Post Thanks / Like

At first you should ask yourself where to get Nitrouscams. Those cams are not longer in production so it could be a problem for you to get a set of them.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

Ohio3Der

Default First off...

First off, I need to know that it will work before I start the great quest to find the rare and valuable nitrous cams.

I didn't think it was martin's greatest move to discontinue such a great cam. Maybe they'll bring it back.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not believe it but i hope it. xD

I guarantee that bfisher or flytier will know it better so i will better say nothing. :P
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

flytier17

If the Rytera website is up to date, then the Nitrous X is available form them.

Yes, scepter can be made with Nitrous cams. Also with Mag limbs. Sever people have them. bfisher should know the string length.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio3Der View Post
    I'd like to put nitrous cams on my S4. I have Elite limbs on it now. I am shooting it at 29.25 inch drawlength. My question is, "what base do I need, and what would the range of that base be?" My next question would be, "which base and range for the next shortest straight limbs and the magnum limbs?"

What is my poundage going to change to from switching from my current furious cams to the new nitrous cams?

Also, my bow in its current condition with elite limbs and furious cams at 29.25 is only getting 274 fps at 5 grains per pound. Is that normal? I moved the mod up two holes to the max setting, measured 30.25", and it only got 284 fps. That seems like that isn't very close to the advertised speed of 305 at 30" at 5 gpp. I wouldn't think the peep and a small loop would cut it near that much. I was expecting 10 more feet, easily.
    You need the A base cam with the std. mods...however you will be near the bottom of the the adjustment range @ your specified draw length. The A cams can be used on all limb lengths however the available draw length will be shorter as you decrease limb length or should I say with overall bow length being shortened...and you will not get 29.5" draw with the mag. limbs. You will only get about 28" so to get 29.5" you will need to go to the B base cam (with mag limbs)...one more thing; you shold be all right as far as draw weight by going to the A base cam with your present limbs (provided you have the small furious cams) but you will lose some lbs. by going to a larger base cam size.

String lengths below are for the S4 with A base cams at the respective limb lengths:

17' Elite

string:55
    cables:44.5

16" std. limb (discontinued)

string:53
    cables:42.5

14" mag.

string:49.75
    cables:39.25

Hope this helps,

flytier17

^ There you go!

Post Thanks / Like

This guy knows his stuff. Much more than I. I would have referred you to LeEarl over on ArcheryTalk.com. He's the Martin guru and there isn't much he hasn't done. I'm certain he could help you.

Scepterman, you did a good job.

Ohio3Der

Default specs

Anyone know what the brace height and axle to axle length would end up with the 16" straight limbs and nitrous A cams? Also, would I need the same number limbs as my elite limbs to get 60 pounds?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio3Der View Post
    Anyone know what the brace height and axle to axle length would end up with the 16" straight limbs and nitrous A cams? Also, would I need the same number limbs as my elite limbs to get 60 pounds?
    BH would be about 1/2" shorter.

AtoA would be 41" + or - a little and no the limb deflection #s are not interchangable from one limb type to the other for the same poundage.