Thread: S4 Nitrous X, module combination ?

x2hunt

Default S4 Nitrous X, module combination ?

I just bought a 07, S4 with 7L 45-60#,Elite limbs at 17" in length. The cam is a Furious X, HL with M mods and. My draw length is 29.5". Eventually I would like to try the Nitrous X cams on the bow but I am not very good at interpreting Martin cam/limb charts! I think I understand that I will loose poundage going to the nitrous. I will be shooting indoor target. I am wondering if someone could please suggest the best combination. Thanks for any help. Terry
    Last edited by x2hunt; 04-12-2008 at 07:50 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure someone like Scepterman will chime in here, but I would only say that if you would like to try the X cams then why not just get a set of X modules and cables for the Furious cams?

In the intereim, you could get on www.archerytalk.com and PM LeEarl. He's done things you wouldn't believe with Martin bows so he should be able to answer almost any question you have.

Please let us know how you make out.

Post Thanks / Like

I would be glad to help out.

Basicly if you are shooting the small furious cams You should not notice much of a change in poundage if you go to the NOS A cams which will be what you need at your draw length. If you are drawing 29.5" you will be at the lower end of the draw range with the std. mods and will be about an 1/2 inch shy with the mini mods. whichis what I use at my 27" draw.

I basicly have one omy S3s set the way you whant yours set up so let me just tell you what you will need to get what you want.

1.NOS A cams
    2.string and cables (string 55", cables 44.5")? going from memory here so double check
    3. std. mods
    4. Now you may not need this but this is what I have. My bow has elite limbs and with the NOS A cams and the mini mods set smack dab in the middle as far as hole spacing goes @ 27" draw and with 6M limbs I am pulling 64-65 lbs draw so I believe that would put you about 68-69 max. with your 7L limbs.
    Last edited by scepterman30x; 04-13-2008 at 08:17 AM. Reason: ?

x2hunt

Smile S4 Nitrous X, module combination ?

Scepterman30X, Thanks for all the info on my cam question. You answered my questions and then some. Your answers were fantastic. That is the second time you helped me, thanks for taking the time. I appreciate it very much. Thanks,Terry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Scepter 4

What are furious cams on the S4? any pictures?

Post Thanks / Like

Take a look into the 07 catalogue and your question should be answered.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL