Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Martin Lynx Magnum Compound Bow.

Nuetral

Default Martin Lynx Magnum Compound Bow.

Well i got this bow half a year ago. Dont know awhole lot on it. Just some of the info i have found researching. So does anyone know all the specs for this bow? From the year it was made to what cams work with this bow?

Thanks a bunch heres a pic of it.

dbd870

The cams aren't in the pic and the Lynx covers several years. I had one that had wheels - it was actually a pretty good shooter right up to when a limb cracked. The Lynx's are all old bows.

Nuetral

Here are the cams.

Nateyj

Default Martin Lynx....

Hi i have also just picked up the exact same bow, & im also trying to get some info about it..... If anyone out there knows or has the specs it would be very helpful!!

mudhawg78

Hello all, I have the same bow as well. Only mine is left handed. Anyone know which sights and arrow rest work best for this older model bow?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mudhawg78 View Post
    Hello all, I have the same bow as well. Only mine is left handed. Anyone know which sights and arrow rest work best for this older model bow?
    You can use any sight you'd like with any of them. Pretty much any rest too, but not drop aways. This thing does appear to have steel cables so drop aways can't be used in a normal manner. The prong rest in the picture is about as good a rest as you'd need anyway and costs a whole lot less.
    If You're Not Living on the Edge You're Taking Up Too Much Space
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    Alien Mafia
    PSAA Life member, UBP Life member
    PADI AOW Diver

BOWPRK

Quote Originally Posted by Nuetral View Post
    Here are the cams.

The wheels are called Flite wheels they take steel cables part #3155H I dont know if you can even get them anymore

Post Thanks / Like

You can buy full-length cables from Lancater Srchery Supply. If you have a GOOD shop anywhere close they should be able to swedge the cables for length and install them. That being said steel cables don't fail very often and rarely need replaced unless they get rusty or just break, again, not often.

FYI, do not use any kind of Fastflight string on this bow. The limbs and cables won't handle the extra stress. Dacron or B50 is what you should use.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver

BOWPRK

FYI the cables that lancaster has are just the standard size cable not the correct size they will work but you may need to shorten your cable lengths due to the smaller diamater of the cables an with the small cable an the age of the bow you would be better off with a dacron string to cut down on stess on the limbs because they dont have a replacement for them anymore...FYI in the late 1980s martin was building bows with heavier cables than standard an using fast flight strings right from the factory........Why are we replying to this thread its from 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe because we're dumb. I didn' even notice.
    Alien Mafia
    PADI AOW Diver