Thread: Problems with my saber

Saberuser

Default Problems with my saber

Hello I have a 06 saber that I use for hunting only. I start shooting it about this time of year once every few weeks to start getting the muscles into shape. The last few months have been crazy to say the lease. EVERYTIME I have shot the=is year I have to re sight in!! What gives?? I've noticed that the cam at brace is a little over rotated could this be why?? How many twist can I put into the buss cable and still be safe?? The string and cable almost look new that is how little I SHOOT THE THING. Thanks alot

hunter

It can be many things ..But it sounds like it is more you ...ie your form ,not shooting for a while and then starting back up you may be holding the bow different each time etc... just shoot your bow for awhile you will get more consistent....

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with with hunter.

About how many times you can twist it. Idealy I like to twist mine at the final length to be about a 1 to 1.5 ratio (1.5 twist for every inch in length).

But in answer to your question; you can twist the h*** out of it. Just make sure you twist in the direction that you will be tightening your serving.

Post Thanks / Like

I would agree that inconsistency is usually the shooter. However, how old is the string and cable? It's very possible that they have crept, in which case the bow is not tuned as it originally was. This can only add to some inconsistency.

You say the cam appears over rotated some. This is an indication of string creep. What happens in many cases like this is that as the string creeps the bow poundage goes up and the draw length no longer fits you correctly, or at least as it once did. A long draw length that is too long is never good for consistent accuracy.

I'd suggest taking it to a dealer and letting him twist up the rigging and/or replacing it as he deems necessary to bring the bow back to factory specs. I'd also suggest using a decent set of aftermarket strings instead of the generic ones you find in most shops. There are lots of guys over on www.archerytalk.com that make good strings and at onlky a fraction of what generics cost. I'd recommend Bucknasty (do a search). His strings are of good quality and should last you at least several years with little or no change while they're on the bow.

Then shoot a little more to keep the muscles in shape. That way you don't have to GET them in shape.