Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Instructions for Thermal Elite Grip Installation?

geronimo

Default Instructions for Thermal Elite Grip Installation?

Any info anywhere on how to put on a Thermal Elite Grip for my 08 Cheetah?

Post Thanks / Like

It's fairrly easy really. Remove the old grip, probably a Thermal II. If there is any residual glue in the grip area try to remove it as best you can.

The thermal elite has two self sticking pieces of leather. The long one goes on the back side facing you. The short one goes on the front side, obviously. Just try to stick the long one with the top edge is even with the top of the slot where the side plates fit. The short one on the front can be a little lower, about centered top to bottom. Once this is done just put the side plates on, press them in a little and tighten the screw that holds them in place.

A little hint. You're gonna like the feel of the Thermal Elite. That's what I get on all my bows. No bulky rubber grip for me.

geronimo

So the textured smaller piece is on the opposite of your palm by the tips of your bow hand fingers? My rubber stock grip seems like it's really glued tight. So just get it off and clean the residue, right?

flytier17

You may prefer to leave the leather off, or atleast the back part. I find it too grippy, and easy to torque.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    You may prefer to leave the leather off, or atleast the back part. I find it too grippy, and easy to torque.
    Yeah, you can try this and see how it feels. You can always put it on later.

And YES to your question. I just used a utility knife and cut the rubber grip off. I don't like them so don't even worry to save them. Try slicing right down along the indentation where the side plates fit.

geronimo

Thanks bfisher....

Muskeg

I was thinking of carving up an Elk antler for the grip but was wondering if anyone has shot and preferred the grip with out anything at all. has anyone done this.. and like it!

Post Thanks / Like

Look, shooting the bow with ther Thermal Elite grip is about like shooting without a grip at all. The leather backing isn't thick enough to make much difference. It's just a little warmer for hunting is all. The side plates, too, aren't very thick so they don't come into play much. A little, but not much.

Here again, you could always give the thing a try without a grip and see how it feels to you personally. You can always order the Thermal Elite later.

I don't like thick grips or rubber. A couple years ago I took my bow out of the box and saw the Thermal II grip. It took me about 5 minutes to get a razor blade a strip it off the bow.

geronimo

I'm putting my Thermal Elite on tommorrow....

geronimo

bfisher, I put it on and I LOVE it!!!!!! I'm like you when it comes to thick grips. Thanks for your help!!!