Thread: Pantera Nitrous X IBO rating

flytier17

Default Pantera Nitrous X IBO rating

Has the IBO rating for a Pantera Nitrous X been determined ever?

What can I expect IBO to be if it has not? I guessed 325-330fps, but if someone else has a better idea.........

cdfirefighter1

Ive been wondering the same thing as I want to put nitrous on my pantera this year..

Post Thanks / Like

Alec, you're not going to see an IBO rating for the bow. They only publish it for production bows as that's what they sell the most of. Pantera/Nitrous is a custom fitting so they don't test them.

I can give you an idea of what I got with the bow set up at 27", 53# and a 267 grain arrow. 287 fps. That was before my shoulers went bad and I never got a real chance to tweak it by over clocking the cams or shooting lighter strings and such.

So using that 287 fps as benchmark from previous bows I"d estimate it at an honest IBO (not inflated) of somewhere around 320 fps. Just slightly lower than it's bigger brother, the Slayer.

machster670

The Pantera and the Rytera Bullet X risers are almost identical. I know this cause one of our staff shooters has a Pantera and I have a Bullet X and have compared them. I just ran my bow though the how Easton bow force mapping equipment we just got and came out with some impressive numbers I think. I have a 07 Bullet X with Nitrous C cams and a 29"DL. Shooting Easton Epics weighting 430 grains. at 69.3 lbs. I got 276.9 fps. hope this helps you out
    Last edited by machster670; 04-18-2008 at 12:42 PM.

flytier17

Thanx guys. I appreciate the help.

Bfisher; my Pantera is maxing @ 63lbs. off a reliable scale. ??? I thought it maxed @ 55lbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    Thanx guys. I appreciate the help.

Bfisher; my Pantera is maxing @ 63lbs. off a reliable scale. ??? I thought it maxed @ 55lbs.
    Alec, I had a lot of twists in the string prior to shipping it to you. Imight have only had 10 extra twists in it, but took out 15 twists. Maybe that's why the weight is up. I didn't weigh it. The limbs are for 55# though. Check the charts.

Adding some twists to the string won't hurt. Only thing you'll lose is a little weight, draw length, and speed. Of course, if it where you like it for draw length then just take a turn of the limb bolts. You'll get better performance with it as is, even at 55# because the cams are being over-clocked a bit.