Thread: Blowup!

flytier17

Default Blowup!

I had a MAJOR blowup last night.

I was drawing, just about to peak on the cycle, when all hell broke loose. My bow fired, and I lost a $23 arrow, and my hand flew back. I hit myself in the face, which resulted in a stiff neck this morning.

I was in a sot of a daze, not sure what happened, when I saw something shiny over by the 20yd target. I walked towards it, and saw it was a release head. I looked down at my wrist, and I had nothing there. I found te strap to the release 11yds away, the head almost touching the 20yd target, and the trigger @ 55yds.

It gouged my palm, and sliced my middle finger deeply.

So, I finally put the pieces together, and assumed that my $120 release was a lemon.

That is until I looked at my bow. The string loop ewas frayed and broken. It was just 2 puff balls of fiber on the string.

Now if the loop was faulty, my release should have just let the string go, and I would have lost the arrow, but the release would have been fine. If the release exploded, it should have stayed on the loop, and the loop wouldn't have broken.

I'm really Not to mention a little pi$$ed off.

Anybody heard of this before?

flytier17

P.S. For the record, I am very careful with my stuff. I wax my strings after I shoot every time. I also inspect the servings and loop before I shoot as well. Nothing was wrong with the loop, no fraying, etc...

Release has worked fine since I had it, never tried to change its settings from where I had them.

flytier17

The release was a Tru-Fire Judge Buckle Camo.

From now on, I will call it a Tru-Fire Fudge

GHSBryan

If I had to guess I would say as the end of the release came by the string it broke the loop.

steve hilliard

I agree! thats to bad but glad you werent hurt seriously. The release head fall aprt on you and did destroy your loop/string.

Post Thanks / Like

o.o

Did you make some pictures of the broken items? Or am i the only one who is interested in that?
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Alec, I answered this over on BowCountry. Now I'll tell you again to make an impression on these guys. The problem was the release---you buy junk, you get junk.

Seriously, that th first one I've heard about in a very long time. But it is just one reason I do not use or like caliper head releases. Of course I don't like using my trigger finger either.

Check the bow out. Cables and riser. Also pay attetnion to the rest.

Which bow? Slayer or Pantera?

Barry

OH yeh, on the other post there. I used to be a staff shooter for XI, too. Started in 1993 and ended in 1997 when I joined up with Golden Eagle. Went with Pearson in 2000-2004. Joined Martin in 2004. Could not be happier.

flytier17

Yer right, it was the release. it smacked my whammy up a lot. bent the prongs about 8 degrees. No bow damage fortunately.

It was the Slayer.

I can't post pics, but if someone will pm me their e-mail, maybe you could post them for me? I prefer them to be uploaded vs. hosted.