Thread: Dealership

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dealership

Hey guys,
    I am working on getting a Martin dealership and found out today that I cant be a Pro dealer because a box store in my area is one. Im just wondering if it would be viable for my shop to just carry the gold series??? Kenny

flytier17

I am no expert, and have no experience in archery retail, but I can say that through my observations on forums (here and Bowcountry), magazine reviews, articles, and shoots at the local club, that the Gold series are very popular. Esp. the Bangal. This is one of the most popular bows, even among experienced bowhunters. The Mystic will give you a target bow at a reasonable retail price, great from a selection standpoint. Martin bows, gold included, are about the best bows for the money. My local shop has been a major dealer in Bowtech and Hoyt, with quite a bit of Mathews as well. However, this year, they have sold more Martins to experienced shooters and hunters than Bowtechs and hoyts together.

Elk4me

I would say you can benifit from the GOLD Series also, just cuz it is a worded a lower series dosen't mean they have skimped on Quality.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, that was the direction I was leaning and I absolutly agree that they are a great bow. Other than 1 Hoyt, I've never shot anything other than Martins. Thanks again, Kenny

anton

business wise I would think (and thought) Pro Series dealers would get better price options etc.... maybe I am wrong-thought I read that here or on AT at sometime. Also, business wise I would want to be able to carry the whole line, not just some. A drag to send a customer to the competition because they decided on the Firecat over Bengal etc... just my 2 cents

* I find it strange they only allow 1 in a specific area... thought the purpose was to ensure quality.

Post Thanks / Like

Anton,
    On one hand I agree that it sucks to only be able to get part of there line But on the other hand I really like the Idea that Martin will protect there pro dealers this way. Nothings ever written in stone and seeing how I hear way to much lack of confidence in the box stores pro shop, all I have to do is give awsome service to my customers and hang in there and I may someday get the pro dealership and if not, I still have a super line of bows to sell!!! As for a pro dealer getting better pricing... the only differnce between me and the pro dealers is I cant sell the pro series bows. Price is the same. Have a great night. Kenny