Thread: What arrows are best??

goinhtn63

Question What arrows are best??

I just bought a 2008 Firecat Pro-X. I love the bow. What would be a good arrow to shoot with this bow. I am shooting 65# and 29" draw.

Thanks... Kevin

buck hunter

Default arrows

some good arrows for a bow are carbon express maxima arrows and carbon express teminator arrows are also good

maxima $129.99 for 12 arrows

terminatior arrows $110 per 12

Post Thanks / Like

Or you could shoot a Gold Tip XT 7595 (340 spine) for about $75/doz. Or Gold Tip Expeditions for about $60.

You know. I think about this and Carbon Express does make some good arrows, but before I pay $130/doz for Maxima's I'll spend $15 more and get ACC's.

Kevin, don't go overboard. Any decent arrow with a 340 spine deflection will work. Getting the proper spine is the most important thing. Arrows straighter than .003" are nice, but not necessary.

Easton/Beman ICS or Epic is another arrow that works. Again, 340 spine.

ltlrushnarchr30

I shoot PSE Carbon force Extremes for 3d and hunting and I love them. they are cheap too. about 65 bucks a dozen. they old up prett well and fly great for me and they are incredibly light. it is very easy for me to make a 300g arrow with a 28" draw. I also shoot A/C/C 3-28's and they lso fly great. the best thing to do is just experiment and make sure your arrows are spined perfect and your bow is well tuned.
    Last edited by ltlrushnarchr30; 04-29-2008 at 01:25 PM.

geronimo

I bought the Easton XX75 Aluminum 1916 arrows tipped with 125 gr.points and they fly great. My recurve is 60 inches and pulls 50 lbs. (45 lbs. at my draw length).

goinhtn63

Thanks guys for the reply's. I will just pick a brand and try it out and go from there..