Thread: Target panic problems

Mtn Hunter

Smile Target panic problems

I was plaqued with target panic for 28 years of shooting [could not hold on target no matter what I did.], but I have overcome it and cannot put my bow down! This may not work for everyone but you can give it a try. It was as simple as opening both eyes when I shot, even if you use a peep! That is if your shooting with your dominant eye. Just a thought for those of you with the same problem. Good Luck!!

Muskeg

I never understood why people close one eye, it just seems natural to have both open. I used to be a surveyor and spent countless hours looking through an eyepiece and I remember a few times when I was learning and the sun would get in my eyes so I would close one eye.. After an hour or so of doing that I started to get a headache and bad eye strain and learned to tip my hat cocked to one side to block the sun and still use both eyes.

dbd870

If I keep both eyes open I see double.

flytier17

My friend had the same panic problem. I know a shop/staffer guy who made his own release that released when you relaxed the triger tension. (Kinda like a Spot-Hogg Cascade.) I got him to build my friend one, and it really worked. He is building me one too as soon as he gets the parts.