Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C4 Cougar or Shadowcat?

Post Thanks / Like

Default C4 Cougar or Shadowcat?

Heya.

I am in the possibility to get the riser of a C4 Cougar or a Shadowcat in addition to my 06 Razor-X. Which one would prefer? =)
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

No answers yet? Flytier? bfisher? dianahood? sceptermax? o.O
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Monty,

I didnd't answer because I can't make an honest comparison. I have never shot a Cougar. I have a ShadowCat, but it's a custom job with SE limb pockets and magnum limbs, so is only a 32" bow with 9 3/8" brace height. It also has B Nitrous X cams and Winner's Choice strings/cables. It's my hunting bow so I only put about 50 arrows a year out of it.

OK, I'm rambling here. In other words I can't give you an honest comparison.

Post Thanks / Like

My shadowcat would use Magnum limbs with Nitrous, too. So maybe you can give me some ideas to that combination.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't know. I would magine that the brace height would be pretty low if you are using standard limb pockets. Then again, it would depend on which base cams you would be using.

I can say that the bow has some heft to it, meaning it's fairly heavy. What do you want to use it for, Monty?

Post Thanks / Like

It would me something as a backup or 'fun' bow. It would have really low draw weight and only a short stabilizer instead of the long 36" i use with the Razor. I may will use it for practice of my back muscles/my technique.

The Razor has a weight of around 8lbs with everything installed so that weight is no problem to me.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

flytier17

I would say Shadowcat purely because the Cougar had a 6" bh even with Elite limbs. So, if you are shooting for fun with it, the more deflexed shadowcat riser may provide more options in terms of BH and forgiveness, depending what limbs/cams you use. Never shot either though, so don't take it as experience.
    Last edited by flytier17; 05-13-2008 at 07:38 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok...in my opinion it is totally a personal preference. One is just as good as the other. Here are some comarisons that may help make your mind up.

1. Shadowcat is a pro series riser cougar is not.

2.Shadow cat has a more deflexed riser (generally more forgiving)

3.two interchangable grip angles for the Shadowcat only one integeral grip for the cougar

4.Note:Cougar with Elite limbs does not have a 6" BH it has about a 7 to a 7.5" BH

All this being said I would pick the Shadow Cat just because it is a pro series.

Just my opinion.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your opinions so far. I will have a call with my martin pro shop this week and my get it the next weeks.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

flytier17

I just checked the old webpage for the C4 Cougar Elite Furious; it says 6.5" bh.