Thread: tuning marks for moab?

deermaster

Default tuning marks for moab?

can someone post a pic of a tuned moab cam? or atleast tell me what marks to go by and what to look for? thanks for any help!

flytier17

There should be 3/8" - 1/2" of the groove showing where the string comes off the cam. Thats all I know I'm afraid; I don't own an M-Pro yet.

Post Thanks / Like

That's about right. I don't know for sure why Martin doesn't put holes or marks on the cam to use for a tuning spot, but I suspect that it is because they aren't all that important. Just somebody's marketing ploy.

Tuning marks or whatever, if a person tweaks the draw length by twisting the cables or string those tuning marks may or may not be lined up so it doesn't matter anyway.

I have always adjusted the module for my draw and then actually measured it. Then I tweak the bow for best draw length by shooting it and seeing just where it aims the most solid. If I have to twist something up then so be it, and where the cam lines up is where it lines up.

It's true that some manufacturers have done their engineering and put marks on the cam to show where the cam produces the best performance, but that doesn't mean very much if the bow doesn't fit.

deermaster

thanks. i also talked to martin and the said no timing marks, cam is fine wherever it is. ill just set the a2a specs and get my draw right and should be good to go...?? thanks for the info!