Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: B & C cams

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default B & C cams

    Whats the differance in nitrous B & C cams? Where can I get a hold of "B" RH cams?

  2. #2
    cdfirefighter1
    Guest

    Default

    I believe the difference is the DL span.. b base cams being shorter DL then c base

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,007
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I give you an example.

    My Razor-X came with Nos-B-Cams. It had a DL of approx 31". I had to change the Cam to the Nos-C-Cam to get a DL of 32".

    THe Nos-C-Cam provides up to 3" more in DL. Further you need a 5" longer string (some bows need 5,25" but you can get that from the charts).
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have a draw length of 29-1/2" ,the "A" cam is max out on draw & its up on the wall in let-off..I need the "B" cam anybody want to switch out?

  5. #5
    flytier17
    Guest

    Default

    Note:

    The base cams provide the different DL ranges by being differently sized. A is smallest, c is biggest. A c cam will provide more mechanicala dvantagfe thean a b because it is bigger. So if you change the size up, you will lower your draw weight. My Slayer was 10lbs lighter from b to c.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    25
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    Note:

    The base cams provide the different DL ranges by being differently sized. A is smallest, c is biggest. A c cam will provide more mechanicala dvantagfe thean a b because it is bigger. So if you change the size up, you will lower your draw weight. My Slayer was 10lbs lighter from b to c.
    Can you explain more about this going from "A" to "C" What makes it less poundage..?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bartow, Fl.
    Posts
    532
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    Can you explain more about this going from "A" to "C" What makes it less poundage..?
    To put it bluntly without getting to technical. Cams are basicly eccentrical pully's...the larger a pulliy is the easier it is to turn (draw) and the more rope (string) there is to for it to gather per revolution. So if you have a limb that stays the same size; different cam sizes will result in different draw weights.
    Last edited by scepterman30x; 07-14-2008 at 11:54 AM.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator bfisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Middletown, Pa, USA
    Posts
    11,551
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    To put it bluntly without getting to technical. Cams are basicly eccentrical pully's...the larger a pulliy is the easier it is to turn (draw) and the more rope (string) there is to for it to gather per revolution. So if you have a limb that stays the same size; different cam sizes will result in different draw weights.
    In other words, if you convert from and A base cam to a B base cam you'll see about a 10# drop in the bow's weight range. Maybe more, depending on the bow.

    You can probably find the info you need in the "Bow cam" charts. To get an idea of what you may end up with you need to know the deflection of the limbs. This is a number/letter, such as
    "5H" on the side of the base of the limb. If you can't read it then back off the limb bolts till you can. It's hidden by the limb pocket.

    Just what bow are you working with and what draw length are you trying to achieve? What style of limbs?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,007
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hmmm...

    When i changed from B-Cams to C-Cams i had thought at first that my DW would go up because i was unable to pull it with full draw weight. Maybe the 0,25" shorther cables make the difference..
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •