Thread: Leopard draweight?

Unregistered

Thumbs up Leopard draweight?

Greetings. I'm currently shooting a Bowtech Equalizer, but am looking at the Martin Leopard. I've tried contacting the company, but didn't get a reply. What I'd like to know is 1) If the Leopard's draw-weight can be reduced to 35lb? 2) Can the draw-length be altered by the owner, or is it a return to base job? Thanks. http://www.martinarchery.com/mtechfo...ons/icon14.gif
    Thumbs up

Post Thanks / Like

Heya.

I might have some answers for you.

You can get the Leopard with a draw weight of 40lbs. That means that you can reduce it up to 15 lbs. The answer is yes it can be reduced to 35lbs. It can be reduced to 25!

You can change the dl yourself. I am not sure if the leopard has a draw stop but i think it should. further you get a set of modules to choose from.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

As Monty said, the bow should come with a set of draw length modules---a pack of 7. They'll be marked F1 thru F7, with F1 being the shortest and F7 being the longest. Remove two countersunk allen screws and swap them out at your pleasure.

Martin bows have a 15# range so can be turned down that far from it's marked peak weight. In a pinch, and temporarily they can be shot at less than that, but I don't recommend it. I've actually shot a 55# Pantera turned down to 27#, but only for a short period of time.