Thread: M-Pro cams on my '06 Pantom II?

southsoundjeff

Default M-Pro cams on my '06 Pantom II?

I've got a 2006 Phantom II with 5M Magnum Limbs and Dyna cam set 55-70lbs. I shoot a 26-1/2" draw, but could shoot 27" if needed.
    Two questions actually.
    First- Could I install M-pro cams on my bow? I'm considering going this route because of all the talk of how smooth the draw cycle is. I've drawn a new Cheetah back and it is definitely smoother than mine.
    Secondly- what trade-offs or problems might I encounter in the process?
    i.e.- Will they fit on my limbs? Will I need to replace string or cable? Same DL mods work?

I have a bow press if strings or cables may need changing as well.

Thanks everybody.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey.

It should be no problem to change your cams from Dyna to MPro. I think you will need new strings and cables but i can not give you the right specs for this.

If you get an MPro somewhere you will get a set of new mods with it so you wont need your old from the Dyna Cam.

Unfortunately that is all i can say to this but you can wait for an asnwer by bfisher/flytier or call customer service and ask for help.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

flytier17

This is p to bfisher if anybody. I'm, not too uptodate on the older Martins... Need to work on that.

Not that yours is really old or anything, just that I really got to know Martin bows in 07. I know a P3 Phantom, but do not know how much they differ...

I can tell you that you may encounter a drop in draw weight, maybe 5lbs? I'm guessing. Just because of the size of the M-Pro gives you a bit more mechanical advantage. Friend of mine swapped the cams of a Cheetah to a Dyna, and the weight went up 4lbs.