Thread: Draw Length on MARTIN Monsterbuck

Unregistered

Default Draw Length on MARTIN Monsterbuck

I recieved the Martin Monsterbuck bow as a gift. I took it to my local bow expert/buddy know it all.. He says I need a longer draw length than I currently have. He says there is a part on one of the cams that is replaceable to increase draw lenght.. The part he is talking about on my bow has F-5 on it and is black plastic with two screws holding it in place.. Is there any truth to this? Can I increase the draw length? He says I need it to be around 30..

Any help would be appreciated!
    THANKS...

Post Thanks / Like

I believe your bow has the same specs as the Martin Bengal. Therefore it has the MPro cam on it and draw length can be changed by removing and replacing the module you are talking about. The one with two screws in it.

Before doing so I would ask you a question. Have you ever been measured to determine your approximate draw length? The reason I ask is that I always use what is referred to as the "wingspan method". To do this you stand with your back against a wall and outstretch your arms to the side at shoulder height. Have someone mar the ends of your middle finger while you are stretched out (don't over stretch). Measure this distance and then divide it by 2.5. This sill give you a pretty close approximation of the correct draw length for you.

Not always, but usually a person's wingspan is pretty close to their heighth. So, to save you doing the math, to have something close to a 30" draw you would need to be about 6'3" tall or there abouts.

For a 30" draw your bow would call for an F7 module. The F5 is for 28", which is what you would need if you are about 5'10"-5'11" tall.

There are other ways of determining a person's optimum draw length, but the wingspan method gets you in the ball park. Also, if you plan on adding a string loop then you should probably shorten the draw length of the bow a little to help compensate for the loop.

If you get on www.archerytalk.com and do a search on "shooting form" you'll come up with a whole bunch of stuff about getting the best draw length and such. A guy with the user name of "Nuts&Bolts" is the real GURU about this stuff over there.

MarkFrantz

I also have a monster buck hunter and it is identical specs as a cheetah , i installed an F7 modual on mine and it gave me a 29'' draw , what i need , the F8 will give you a 30'' draw , when i recieved my Bow i had F5 F6 F7 F8 modules in a bag you should of to , atleast i would imagine you would .

Post Thanks / Like

There ya go. Mark did better than I did. Hey Mark, I didn't even know they made an F8 module. Of course with my 27" draw I don't need to know.

MarkFrantz

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    There ya go. Mark did better than I did. Hey Mark, I didn't even know they made an F8 module. Of course with my 27" draw I don't need to know.
    My Bad , F4 F5 F6 F7 is the Modulas i recieved , No F8 , Not sure why i thought they made one , Mabe they do , If they dont i would play with the length of your release loop , It wont give you the 30'' draw that you think you need but it will give you a longer Anchor Point , it just may help .