Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin Mystik

dbd870

An STS is priced at 49 - 59 (around 78$-94$) in Germany and in most cases you have to import it from the usa and pay for shipping and taxes so you end up with 60 oder 70.
    Ouch!

flytier17

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Where you been hiding? Shooting that Pantera yet?
    Nah, workin'. Up at 4, working by 5, home at 8, asleep by 9, 6 days a week. So tired, I just look at a couple posts, tie some flies for my customers (not for myself, i have no time to fish these days. Took the last couple saturdays off to turkey hunt. Had an AWESOME hunt the other day. Stalked 3 toms over 600yds up hills, in woods, and over open fields. Was only 70-100yds behind them the whole time. Wouldn't come to calling; gobbled but no coming in, so I followed them. Almost took a head shot at 8 yds but he bobbed it too fast. Arrow grazed his skin, and they took off.

flytier17

Shot the Pantera a couple times. Don't have the FatBoys yet, so no point trying to set it up. I am putting a Hogg-It with 7 pins, 0.010" fibers, and an 8" extention on it, a doinker Carbon Elite 11.5" stabilizer, a GKF Platinum Premier, and prostrings on it. I will be fletching with 2.7" Flex-Fletck, or 2.25" Quickspins. Don't go by my sig, outdated kinda.

Want to powdercoat the riser. Thinking it would be orange. Back limbs, black accessories, orange and black strings, etc...

HOWEVER, I do know how much you hate orange, and I don't think you would like to see your bow defiled like that, so since my mind isn't made up completely, see if you can change it. Just no black, I might be getting a S4 Mag NOS X B in platinum black with silver accessories... And if you suggest pink and purple, I will floot your inbox with pictured of my orange Pantera.

Post Thanks / Like

How about a Lavender riser with Pink and purple strings. That would be a standout and certainly better than orange.

Hey, I know about the heavy work schedule thing. When I was your age (maybe) I worked an average of 63 hours a week and as many as 84 hours sometimes. I think the most I ever worked in a week was 114 hours---ouch. Big paychecks though. And with the extra money I started investing in the stock market insterad of buying a bigger house and new cars all the time. That's what helped me retire at 55 and be able to be a world traveler and scuba diver. With what money was left I put two kids through college somehow.

And just like you I found that the house repairs and lawn mowing still needed done, along with all those other manly responsibilities. Now everything is paid for, the kids are gone, the wife is working full time and I have my hobbies to pursue. Life is getting gooder.

Pink and purple is the real deal. I'm telling ya.

Post Thanks / Like

Get me a bow for free and i will do you the favor and paint it pink and keep it to shoot it. :P
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

flytier17

Great idea monty!

Bfisher: Pay for my powdercoat, I will do whatever colour you want! I kid you not!

Just curious, what did orange ever do to you? Associated with bad memories perhaps? A bad childhood, filled with orange monsters?

Post Thanks / Like

Do you remember the orange/red risers back in 2004? I have seen two of them for resale at a local Hoyt pro shop (for 350 (~550$) each! That is nearly the same i paid for my new 06-Razor with guarantee and so on) and was just fascinated. What a color!

I wished i had enough money to get a second bow. I would love to get it in black with red black ghost flames on it.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Alec,

You keep begging but I ain't biting. YOu got the bow for a song as it is. Just kidding.

The orange is just something I dislike. It has nothing to do with bows or strings. I quit hunting with a rifle here in Pa 18 years ago due to the crowds in the woods, often referred to as the orange army (fl. orange required) The estimate used to be about 1 million deer hunters in the woods opening day. Well, one day I just got the ass of all the people and decided the best way to get away from the "orange army" was to quit rifle hunting.

As a hunter I think you have some knowledge of how effctive fl. orange can be during turkey season. Pa. seems to have it's major share of meat hunters and have to shoot a few of themselves off each year so the powers that be have these rules about wearing fl. orange while moving around and having a nice orange band around your tree when spring turkey is in. All this because some people have to shoot at movement or even sound. Now consider that spring gobbler is shotgun only. Considering that the bird has to have a beard just how can people shoot people in mistake for a turkey? DUH.

OK, enough about the orange thing. You get that bow any way you want. You know I was just razzin ya.

Hey, look who chimed in. Good ole Simon (AKA Monty). He's a worse beggar than you are. He wants a freebie yet.