Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please help new forum user

dbd870

It has to do with the number of posts.

flytier17

yeah, used to strike me as funny. I post, and I see my senior member status. I have only been in archedry for 3 years, and i have a ton of head knowledge, but comparitively little experience. I see Sceptermans posts, who is a vastly more experienceds archer than I, and he is only a junior member Gives me a sense ow authority AAAHHH well, only online, eh?

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Uh, same here.

Joined just some months ago and now i am full of stuff about archery. Shot recurve for almost 8 years before that and have been never interested for something in this.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Archer Dude

It is kinda tough to get my posts up if I cannot post on anything but my own threads.

Catch 22 I guess. I must be too old cause I just don't get it.

Best wishes from junior. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

OK Dude, I found something that might help. You gotta do the leg work though. Bring up the main page. At the bottom of the forum lists there is a " View Forum Leaders". Click on that and you'll get a list of moderators and admin. Try PMing or better yet Email one of them and see if they get back to you.

PUG is a customer service rep with Martin. I'd try the email as I don't think they get on here much.

Hope this helps.

Barry

Archer Dude

Thanks for the tip but it just isn't worth begging for access.

Very little comes up on this forum anyway; probably because all the new users are locked out of most of it. Duh.

Maybe I will see some of you guys over on the PSE forum where my call name is boxguy2. Say hi from the Martin forum if you notice me over there.

Lots of stuff is happening over there and everyone is treated equally with equal access to all.

I guess PSE is willing to take the risks that an occasional black sheep will get in; and they do. Still, they can easily terminate someone that gets out of order.

I was really hoping to get involved over here since I own a Martin bow now but I guess it is just not going to happen.

I mean no disrespect but this Martin policy of locking out the new guys seems a little weird to me.

I do wish you all well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Archer Dude View Post
    Thanks for the tip but it just isn't worth begging for access.

Very little comes up on this forum anyway; probably because all the new users are locked out of most of it. Duh.

Maybe I will see some of you guys over on the PSE forum where my call name is boxguy2. Say hi from the Martin forum if you notice me over there.

Lots of stuff is happening over there and everyone is treated equally with equal access to all.

I guess PSE is willing to take the risks that an occasional black sheep will get in; and they do. Still, they can easily terminate someone that gets out of order.

I was really hoping to get involved over here since I own a Martin bow now but I guess it is just not going to happen.

I mean no disrespect but this Martin policy of locking out the new guys seems a little weird to me.

I do wish you all well.
    Why areyou leaving with that attitude? Really, I don't know if Martin locks anybody out or not. Thus the reason I mentioned contacting one of the mods or something.

None of us guys are Martin employees or anything. We're just like you. Shoot Martin bows and have some fun communicating and passing on tips to each other and the occasional strangers.

I wouldn't consider your asking what you call begging. Maybe there is some glitch that they need to know about. I've never heard of anybody being locked out before. Give it a try.

Archer Dude

Gee guys, it really isn't so much an attitude as it is just more of a pragmatic idea that this thing just isn't working. I do not wish ill will toward any of you or Martin and I won't be mean mouthing them. I am not mad or POed or anything like that. I just believe it is not working out so I am moving on.

I am sure that Martin's failure to reply to my emails about the forum and their automated responses about the system being down or under repair and their lack of reply to my joining the forum are likely just temporary issues they will some day remedy.

I just am happier over at PSE.

Anyway, I have decided to get back out of the Pantera and I am going back to PSE.

I just have such a fun time over on their forum with a bunch of really great guys and feel kind of funny interacting over there if I am shooting a Martin bow.

I will say this Pantera is a real smooth shooter, quiet, and very accurate but so are some of the PSE bows.

Anyway, my loss can be your gain. I am going to sell off the 2007 Pantera with probably less than 200 shots through it for close to half price. I just looked it over and I cannot find a single scuff or blemish; it looks like it just came out of the box and even the strings look brand new. There could be a mark behind where the sight or rest is mounted but your rest and sight would cover that up. I will leave the new Peep and nock loop on but other than that it is bow only.

You or a friend can have it for $299 delivered to your door with free shipping and you can pay by postal money order or PayPal.

I treat people right and you can confirm that with my EBay feedback rating above 99% with my user name Bruntjen (momís maiden name).

If interested email to boxguy2@comcast.net.

Pictures are available if you want by email.

Best wishes.

Post Thanks / Like

No ill will directed toward you either Dude. We're all just archers and brand isn't a major issue. Whatever floats your boat is what I always say. Wish you well.

Good price on the Pantera, too. I just sold mine a while back. With Nitrous X cams on it.

flytier17

HHHMMMMMM, I wonder who bought it?