Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Please help new forum user

Post Thanks / Like

I already know that part Alec. What I wonder is when it's going to be shot.

Maybe you could use it to get some carp from the canoe. Have a good trip. Ity's nice to have more than one pasttime.

flytier17

Never bowfished before.

To shoot it, all I will need are arrows. I have a Platinum Premier rest with a blade prong. I will be putting a 7-pin, 0.010" Hogg-it with an 8" extention on it as the sight. Stabilizer will be a Doinker Carbon Elite, probably 11.5". Fletcher peep, loop, and Sims dampening will round it out. Whaddya think?

Post Thanks / Like

Everything sounds good. Only thing I question is why you need 7 pins? You gonna be shooting out to 80 yards?

flytier17

I will be using 7 pins because I have 7 pins...

When I bought the sight it was off e-bay, and I had never heard of Spot-Hogg. I just liked the 2nd and 3rd axis, and the overall construction of the sight with the aicro-adjustability, and the round guard, and the micro pin size. Didn't know it was available in 5 pins till later.

I will have 20, 30, 40, 50, and 80 set. Will take 2 off. Reason I want an 80 is for a tie-breaker shootout. I heard that in the Bowhunter Unlimited class, they were done at 80yds.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, well you don't get to shootin you ain't gonna need no 80 yard tie-breaker pin. LOL.

I got me a couple of them thar Spott Hogg sights and I'm not really crazy about the way the individual pins are adjusted for elevation. Some might call it micro-adjust but I refer to it as "hunt and peck". You loosen one screw and tighten the other--kind of crude to my way of thinking. Guess I just have spent too many years using sights that have true micro-adjust, meaning click-click at about .002"/click. Other than that they are a good solid sight. Not one I would use for s dedicated hunting bow but still pretty good for 3D.