Thread: Cable Guard

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cable Guard

Heya.

I just discovered that my cable slide will not work properly anymore. It just does not glide on the rod anymore but judders bit by bit. I have already tried to clean it and applied lubricant (silicone, also used for doors, locks, etc) but it was no great success.
    Everything is slippery but the slide will not slide.

What would you advice? I use the standard cable slide. Should i invest some money for an other like the saunders cable slide? (jeard really good things about it.)
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Just get a good Teflon slide. Martin has one on their 2008 bows--part #
    bp50. You can also just pick up a Simms or other model at a shop. Before you install it make sure to use a little rat tail file or something similar to round the edges whe the cable/string slide through. And FYI Teflon is white. If it isn't white it isn't Teflon.

Now for the rod. Clean it with alcohol. Clean the inside of the slide with alcohol. Do not put any type of lube on either. Even with a Teflon slide you should clean the rod periodically.

Most plastic factory slides are notorious for starting to chatter when dust builds up on the rod or it gets wet. This should all go away with a Teflon slide.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, i thought about the SIMS already. What do you say to the Saunders Slide with this roller on one side? Any comments?

Post Thanks / Like

I have one of the Saunders with rollers in my tackle box. I think it's been in there nearly 10 years. Too many parts and a little noisier than a Teflon. That was the year I tried about 5 or 6 different ones and shot them over a chrono to see if any particular one yielded more speed. Take it from me. Just get a Teflon one. Let trouble all around.

jay bow

some of the white slides are NOT teflon . I broke the one one my moab. It was hard and seemed brittle . Teflon is softer and also the slickest substance known to mankind ---- according to my wife lol. Don't get one that pulls the cables over too far. check out the slides Lancaster Archery has . If the slide pulls the cable over it will cause your cam to lean over, but not enough pull and your fletching will contact cable . find one that gives you just enough .My bow has no adjustment on the rod so this is what I have to do I.E. find one that works for you . Also if you ain't already done it , wax that string and cable. It's the life of these things. see ya

Post Thanks / Like

I wax my strings around two times a month to keep everything health.

I got a teflon slide and i msure that it is made of teflon. There are only three or four types of teflon slides selled in germn and i do not think that the will sell plastic instad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    Heya.

I just discovered that my cable slide will not work properly anymore. It just does not glide on the rod anymore but judders bit by bit. I have already tried to clean it and applied lubricant (silicone, also used for doors, locks, etc) but it was no great success.
    Everything is slippery but the slide will not slide.

What would you advice? I use the standard cable slide. Should i invest some money for an other like the saunders cable slide? (jeard really good things about it.)
    Bfisher is spot on as far as his info do what he says and you should be alright.

Post Thanks / Like

I got my Teflonslide last friday. It works pretty good.