Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Letoff!

razorjack

Default Letoff!

Hello,what is the letoff on a 06 and 07 rytera bullet x bow with Nitrous C cams...thanks....

razorjack

Didnt think this would be a hard question...................

Post Thanks / Like

afaik you can change it but i am not sure. My NOS has a 60% let-off.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

flytier17

Depends on the rotation of the cam. With HL mods, advertised is 75%. I fooled around with timing and rotation on mine, and with optimal rotation, I am getting 72.5% on mine. I think bfisher has 71%on his, it may vary. Bottom line is the rotation is more important to tune for than letoff percentage. The cams don't have to be in perfect specs to be working at their best.

razorjack

Thanks guys,i was questioning the sticker, it said 80%letoff but it didnt feel like it,must be a bogus sticker,i got the bow used also,still a sweet shootin bow.........
    Last edited by razorjack; 06-07-2008 at 04:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Flytier is correct as far as where the rotation of the cams are and the let off. It can vary depending on exactly how the cams are oriented and where you are on the mod settings. But basically if you look at the cams and they have HL on them they are suposed to be 75% let off. If they don't have HL they will have 65% on them which means...well if I I have to say you probably don't need to be shooting a bow.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm...

What should be the perfect cam rotation for the nitrous cams?
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Basically that point at which it is not extremely under rotated and/or that point at which it is not at all over rotated...I will post some pics as soon as I get a chance which will show "ideal" and what is accepable. What I would be concerned about the most is to make sure they are timed correctly and to make sure your draw length is spot on. If they did not make the variations in draw length 1/2 inch; cam orientation would not be an issue. So basically the ideal position for any one person would be at that point at which your ideal draw is at a point at which the cam is not over rotated...and if it is move it to the next hole up and twist your bow string to the desired draw. Like I said it is better to be under rotated than to be over rotated.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    Basically that point at which it is not extremely under rotated and/or that point at which it is not at all over rotated...I will post some pics as soon as I get a chance which will show "ideal" and what is accepable. What I would be concerned about the most is to make sure they are timed correctly and to make sure your draw length is spot on. If they did not make the variations in draw length 1/2 inch; cam orientation would not be an issue. So basically the ideal position for any one person would be at that point at which your ideal draw is at a point at which the cam is not over rotated...and if it is move it to the next hole up and twist your bow string to the desired draw. Like I said it is better to be under rotated than to be over rotated.
    Very well said. I've always tried to stress that just where the cam is positioned is not as important and tweaking the draw length by twisting the string or cables a tad. A half percent of efficiency or a couple FPS is not worth much if you can't hit the spot or "X".

The other thing I have my own opinion about is that bow specs (A2A and brace height) don't have to "spot on" all the time. If the specs are not quite on but the bow performs better for the shooter then this is more important. Measure the bo as it is and make these the specs that work for "you".

flytier17

On that note, how do you measure? From what point to what point do you measure the brace height the same as Martin does? With a square or a real ruler (beacuse they do differ, at least mine does)? Also, where do you measure the axels from? The center of the axels? The inner sides of the axel tips?