Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mystic Draw-Force Curve?

gpalma

Was finally able to clock this Mystic using a 288Gr arrow, 27" draw and at 52#

255FPS

flytier17

Not bad. How do you like the way it shoots?

gpalma

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    Not bad. How do you like the way it shoots?
    The bow is very solid on the shot. I have installed a vibration stopper between the X cables and it helped significantly regarding shock and noise.

The bow holds very stabile for me and I have shot very well with it when I can get on a roll regarding a practice regimine. When I do, it has recorded some extremely fine groups back at 50-70 yds. Easily as good as my eyes are capable of using a .010" Viper scope.

Recognize that the only bows that I have shot in recent history are a Diamond Liberty, a Hoyt Striker w/AccuWheel and a Bowtech Pro 40 Wheelie. It is less prone to torque than any of these, however recoil is slightly higher than the Striker and somewhat less than the Pro 40. It is very close in performance to the Liberty and definitely better than the Pro 40.

The draw-force curve is very similar to the AccuWheel, with a slightly narrower valley and a decidedly harder stop on the back end.

It takes some playing around to get the timing perfect and to get the bow feeling tight. Once you achieve that however, it has stayed in tune for me and it is pleasant to shoot with a very consistent feel.

gpalma

My only real concern at this point is that the bow has a very short sight window. With my (very low) anchor, it has caused me some issues with a 20yd setting. If the sight window were 1/4" higher minimum, it woudn't hurt my feelings.