Thread: Hi Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

hawgslayer

Default Hi Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all!!!! Hawgslayer here. Been making the rounds at the forums so I thought I would join this one also. Started shooting a recurve 15+yrs ago and slowly went to a compound. I found it that it wans't fun for me any longer shooting bulls eyes most of the time. For the last 2 yrs I've been shooting recurves. Last season,'07, I was lucky and was able to fill my freezer with 3 does. All double lung pass thru's. All 3 were within 20 yard shots. I like spot and stalk.
    Looking at the MARTIN HUNTER. Shot one at the archery shop and really liked it.

Ray

Post Thanks / Like

Hey.

Welcome to this forum, this lonesome outpost of martin archers helping other archers without bashing bows and brands but with loads of useful information.

Okay, let's say you will not need to write very much to be one of the top posters. xD
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

flytier17

Speak for yourself Monty! I like bashing Mathews.

Welcome to the Forum Ray. I'm afraid there isn't too much on here regarding the traditional aspect of the sport, but if we can help, we will.

dbd870

I haven't shot a recurve since the mid 70's - I need every edge I can get; but welcome anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

I shot recurve till i changed to compound last year... xD
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

hawgslayer

You gents don't know what your missing by not shooting a recurve. I downed allot of critters with my OUTBACK but the feeling is 10 fold when you do it with a stick and string. I'll never go back to a wheelie bow.
    Thanks for the welcome though!!!!!

HAWGSLAYER

flytier17

Whats an outback? Not another Ma-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-hathews is it?

Sorry, I can't resist.

Its no wonder you won't shoot a compound when you have had such a bad experience with a bow like that one.

hawgslayer

Sorry, can't bash my old OUTBACK. It is (was) a great bow in it's day. Never failed me in any way, shape or form. I shot it about 6 times a week and it was always on the money. Took allot of deer, hawgs, turkey and a cow elk with it. No complaints with that wheelie bow.

Hawgslayer