Thread: Martin Linx Compound Help!

Toqui

Default Martin Linx Compound Help!

A friend of mine needs to repair his old Linx.He wants to know if it is possible to use another cams on that bow because someone told him that he must change cams string and cable system.He sent me this photo showing which part of the bow was broken.
    IMG_2773_4_1 copy.jpg

Toqui

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Is that one of those rare split limb bows?

To change the cam-system he should call martin for help or you may ask Joel over on Archerytalk. I think it is easier to replace this one parts instead of the limbs, maybe the limb pockets and the cams.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

Are you saying that one of the tear-drops pulled off the cable? To be truthful there aren't any bows made with steel cables any more. You could change the cams to a more modern setup that uses synthetic rigging, but it's probably not very cost effective.

If you do some fishing around you might find a local shop that could make you a new set of cables. If this is not possible then try contacting Lancaster Archery Supply in Lancaster, Pa. They might be able to do it. They'll probably need to know the cable length and string length. String is not a problem, but don't use a fast-flight string as the limbs and cables won't take the increased shock. You need to use a Dacron or B-50 string of the proper length.

When you talk to a rep at Lancaster you need to be specific and tell them you are looking for steels cables with a tear-drop end. If you have one good cable be sure to measure how much cable is sticking out from the cam to the tear-drop. This is commonly called a pig-tail by us old guys. You can find the cables (uncut) on page 158 of their catalog.

Check back and let us know how you make out.