Thread: What happened to the Jaguar?

NathGA

Question What happened to the Jaguar?

I have a anodized blue '00 Jaguar with Z Cams set at #50 lbs. I have loved this thing for almost 8 years now! I wanted to get another Jaguar, only with a Fuzion single cam in Advantage camo. I guess I waited too long. Was this bow simply updated and given a new name, or is it history? Anybody know?

dbd870

Martin seems to run with a name for a length of time moving it from riser to riser. Then it will be dropped, only to return again. Look a the Cougar just in this decade. That name was used on multiple risers that were different and now they're not using it this year. There may be a few years there where a model is basically the same; back to our Cougar: 2001 & 2002 risers did not change, but when the Cougar3 came out - different. If you're looking for a single cam bow, I prefer the MPro to the Fuzion cam anyway, you have plenty of choices out there - good hunting.

NathGA

Default Yeah, sure does change...

Quote Originally Posted by dbd870 View Post
    Martin seems to run with a name for a length of time moving it from riser to riser. Then it will be dropped, only to return again. Look a the Cougar just in this decade. That name was used on multiple risers that were different and now they're not using it this year. There may be a few years there where a model is basically the same; back to our Cougar: 2001 & 2002 risers did not change, but when the Cougar3 came out - different. If you're looking for a single cam bow, I prefer the MPro to the Fuzion cam anyway, you have plenty of choices out there - good hunting.
    Yeah, if you don't check out the catalogs so often, when you do get back around to shopping almost every name has changed and all of the cam options are different. Don't get me wrong, I'm still Martin fan all of the way! It just takes away your frame of reference from the last time you test shot other bows. I am in a rural spot and not near a Martin dealer (or at least one that keeps inventory), so I do get out of sync with all of the upgrades!

dbd870

Talking

a Martin dealer (or at least one that keeps inventory)
    Those do seem to be in short supply!

FloridaOkie

It wont say "Jaguar" on it...but if you keep an eye out...several retail stores sold the Jaguar under the name...Wildcat or Magcat. If you could get the decals...you could always replace that name with "Jaguar". I picked up last years model from a store. Its rated at 45 to 60 lbs. Named the Wildcat from a Dick's sporting goods out let for 50 bucks off of sticker price. Paid 220.00 OTD as a loaded package. Cranked down Its readin between 62 and 64 lbs. off of various bow scales.

Its set with the M-Pro cam...not that I have much clue from one cam or another. Last bow I owned besides this one was 18 years ago, before I joined the military. Those two were Dartons and I gotta say...I really like this bow. There are plenty of "new in the box" bows out there. I just happened to see this one at the local sport shop and couldnt pass up the price offered.

NathGA

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaOkie View Post
    It wont say "Jaguar" on it...but if you keep an eye out...several retail stores sold the Jaguar under the name...Wildcat or Magcat. If you could get the decals...you could always replace that name with "Jaguar". I picked up last years model from a store. Its rated at 45 to 60 lbs. Named the Wildcat from a Dick's sporting goods out let for 50 bucks off of sticker price. Paid 220.00 OTD as a loaded package. Cranked down Its readin between 62 and 64 lbs. off of various bow scales.

Its set with the M-Pro cam...not that I have much clue from one cam or another. Last bow I owned besides this one was 18 years ago, before I joined the military. Those two were Dartons and I gotta say...I really like this bow. There are plenty of "new in the box" bows out there. I just happened to see this one at the local sport shop and couldnt pass up the price offered.
    Now you know why I have been content with my Jaguar for the last 8 years and not done much bow shopping! I'm going to look and see if there is still a Wildcat over in Macon for a couple hundred bucks! Does it have advantage camo on it?

FloridaOkie

The camo pattern on this Wildcat/Jaguar is... Realtree APG HD(high definition), Looks pretty good on her too. I honestly cant give this little bow too much praise. There may be faster or quieter bows out there. But she really is ballanced out fairly well in all aspects.