Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08 Bengal speed

Post Thanks / Like

Default 08 Bengal speed

60#-29"draw-400gr arrow -65% let-off=241fps average-5 shot string
    60#-29"draw-360gr arrow-65% let-off =251fps average-5 shot string

Whisker Biscuit rest-Martin sts-no string silencers-D-loop
    Shooting Chrony-Alpha model with in-door lighting fixtures.
    Thought I would get a bit more speed.Thanks for any comments.

dbd870

You might try checking it outdoors, I've seen 10fps difference with my bow between an indoor unit and my Chrony outside.
    My MOAB - should be very close in speed to your Bengal: 59#, 28" DL, 312 gr arrows, D loop only thing added to string from factory and WB rest: 277fps.

Post Thanks / Like

Default 08 Bengal speed

Thanks dbd870.I may get a chance to try the chrony outside,next week-end.What length and brand are your arrows? I'm looking for some lighter arrows.

dbd870

I'm using Victory; 28.5"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bengal08 speed

Has anyone shot their 07 or 08 Bengals through a chrony? I would be very interested in the results. Thank you.

nemobucks

Default MOAB Speed

Not a Bengal, but close....29 in. draw, 424 gn. arrow, 64# pull, peep, loop, string jax.....248 fps....too slow in my opinion....

Similar set up using a competitor's single cam (7 in. of brace too) ....274 fps.

bigbull1

Default Bengal Speed

08 Bengal, 29 1/2 draw, 67lbs, 406 gr arrow -indoor at 269fps.

Ed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bengal speed

Thanks for all the replies.I shot the Bengal through the chrony outdoors and had the same readings as indoors.Looks like the speeds I'm getting are comparable to what every one is getting.Not that fast but still a very quiet and smooth drawing bow.

Konan

Default Arrow Speed for 08 Martin Bengal Super Mag MPro

08 Martin Bengal Super Mag MPro, 28.5" DL, 65.5# DW, 248 grain arrow. WB rest, 2 string jax, peep sight with tube, D-loop and all I get out if it is 244 fps measured outside.

Interesting note: Arrow with only (2) 4" vanes instead of three shot 247 fps through the WB. I then rotated this arrow so that one of the 2 vanes would go through the gap in the WB and measured 251 fps. It seems that when using a WB you lose about 3-4 fps per vane to friction ( and a "de minimis" loss of weight per van).

I wonder why everyone else's readings are so much faster than mine? Perhaps the air is denser where I live? lol
    Last edited by Konan; 07-12-2008 at 01:42 AM. Reason: added stuff

dbd870

I'm hoping you meant 428gr, 248gr arrows would be about 3.7gr/lb that is risking a damaged bow. Using the 428gr arrow weight that's in the ball park. ~3fps for the WB (it appears with your long vanes it's more than that) and tube peep will cost you 5-7fps. Plus the other things on your string.