Thread: Olympic Recurve

NathGA

Question Olympic Recurve

What would it take to get an Olympic Recurve out of Martin? It seems like Hoyt has a corner on the market for no good reason other than it hasn't much competition on the Collegiate/Olympic circuit. I'll be the first one to buy, I promise!

Post Thanks / Like

I think that there are enough other brands on the olympic recurve market. You can get bows from KAP, Win&Win, Hoyt, Spigarelli, and some other brands which started producing carbon-risers. It would be hard to establish martin as a dealer for olympic recurves and i do not believe that it would work.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

NathGA

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    You can get bows from KAP, Win&Win, Hoyt, Spigarelli, and some other brands which started producing carbon-risers.
    Yeah, I am looking at a couple of these already. I just tend to be brand loyal and have always liked Martins (surprise on this forum, huh?). I guess this purchase will be my first Hoyt bow. Thanks for the info, never heard of Win&Win.

Post Thanks / Like

No?

Win&Win is the most selled brand for recurve bows in europe. They produce risers for everyone from the beginner to the pro. I believe they produce a really good carbon riser but if you would take a Hoyt you should be always on the safer side. I just like the design from w&w much more than the hoyt. Maybe W&W ist not so popular because it is made in Korea and i think brands producing out of the USA are not very popular over the ocean, at least it sounds sometimes this way when i read topics over at archerytalk.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

NathGA

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Montalaar View Post
    No?

Win&Win is the most selled brand for recurve bows in europe. They produce risers for everyone from the beginner to the pro. I believe they produce a really good carbon riser but if you would take a Hoyt you should be always on the safer side. I just like the design from w&w much more than the hoyt. Maybe W&W ist not so popular because it is made in Korea and i think brands producing out of the USA are not very popular over the ocean, at least it sounds sometimes this way when i read topics over at archerytalk.
    The more I hear the name, the more it sounds like I should have heard it before somewhere. I do know that I have never seen it for sale in a store. I'll look it up online. Your enthusiasm has perked my curiosity.

NathGA

Exclamation It appears that Mathews is going to build one!!!

http://picasaweb.google.fi/perttu.ro...23326704867618

You can see some more pictures here. C'mon Martin... show us some love. I've never bought anything but a Martin. Don't make me buy a Hoyt! Here's the link to the Archery Talk thread...

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=709507