Thread: More Mystic Q's.

gpalma

Default More Mystic Q's.

The Mystic which I received this afternoon seems pretty nice. Finish on the limbs I will rate at 90 and the riser finish at as cose to 100 as one could gauge. A nice piece of workmanship overall.

The module that came on the bow is the LARGE variety and I have it on the lowest setting (27"). My question is: Will the MEDIUM module set at that same 27" draw give a slightly more pronounced valley than my current module?

I am set up at approx 50# or slightly more. Threw on a TT spring launcher w/.012" blade, set the tiller at dead even, set the nock 3/16" above square from the bottom of the shaft and carefully checked the cam timing as best as I could eyeball it in the static position. The distance from the edge of the lobe to the center of the string is 3/4" on each end. As I draw the bow back with my fingers, both cams seem to bottom out equally...at least that is how it feels.

At any rate, I am shooting a GT UL Pro 22 that weighs 288Gr. When I stood back at 30yds, eyeballed the arrow at the target and fired the shots with my Stan, the arrows exhibited zero movement downrange. However, the bow recoiled pretty significantly and about sounded like a .22 Short going off. Upon inspection of the X cables, they have very little tension on them. The cams seem to roll true with no lean and one of those cables feels to have less tension than the other 3. Is the tension discrepancy normal on an X-system? The vibration I can live with, but I'm not real excited about the noise. Am going to have to critique that timing a lot better with a spare set of discriminating eyes watching when I am at full draw it would seem.

gpalma

Looks as though this Mystic needs new cables. I bought the bow "lightly used" from a Pro shooter and the cable lengths were waaaaay shorter than spec. So, I'm having the local pro shop make me a set of cables ASAP which doesn't make me real happy as he'll likely hit me $50 for them anyway.

Crud...

gpalma

Although I do have the cable lengths for the X system, what are the recommended strands and material for cables on this 55# bow?

Post Thanks / Like

Personal i recommend always mroe than 20 strands for string AND cable. Most strings are made of 452 or 45x which seems to be a good deal.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

gpalma

These X system cables are only 10 strands...FYI.