martin lynx xrg
what can anyone tell me about this bow ? are parts still available ?
I have an old manual for another bow that lists the 1992 lynx XR and XRG specs. I don't know if this is exactly the same bow though...
M-38 XR Lynx
- to 80# in 10 lb. increments
- 46" Axle to axle
- bow string length = 40"
- 25-35" draw lengths available
- riser colors 1 thru 10 available
- mass weight = 4 lbs. & 4 oz.
- Maple laminated limbs
- Microtune yoke system
- Lock mount arrow rest system
- side slot riser
- Martin super cable (black or white)
- 3 point ball bearing limb system
- centerless ground stainless steel axels
- dovetail cable guard system
- hardened steel accessory inserts
- Tri-draw Flite wheels (50% or 65% let-off)
The M-38 Lynx XRG looks the same but lists with a 43" axle to axle, 25'-34' draw lengths, & a 36" bow string length. It is 4 lbs, 5 oz. It has composite glass limbs instead of laminated Maple.
Martin seems to use names over and over again, so I hope this coincides with the year you are looking for.
Your best shot at parts would likely be archerytalk, you never know what someone might have laying around who frequents there.
I am sure you could still get strings from martin, maybe even cams.
Do you have a picture by chance? I don't think I have ever seen this bow.