Thread: Cutting my Cable Guard???

jonnyriabov

Default Cutting my Cable Guard???

Hello Everyone

My names Jonathon, and im new to bow hunting & this forum. I currently am shooting a 2007 Bengal. Its a great bow, I like it alot. My friend recently purchased an updated 2008 Bengal that has a straight and short cable guard, as aposed to my long adjustable one. Would I be able to cut a few inches off of my cable guard without effecting the performance of my bow? I have already smashed my knuckles into my cable guard a few times just messing around with the draw.

thank you

jonny

flytier17

Draw the bow, and have someone mark where the cable slide stops. Give it a bit of room in case you change the cable slide to a different kind or something. Leave room for the endcap too. I don't see why this would affect the performance at all.

Post Thanks / Like

You can cut your cable guard. It should be no problem if you leave some space at the end for later modifications. Be aware of the fact that cutting of the guard will make it impossible to change the limbs to elite-limbs and maybe also to change the cams as they will may change the position of the slide.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

jonnyriabov

Default did it...

Well I cut my guard and left an inch after the slide full draw position. I also installed a draw stop on my cam. Very Nice

Thank you for your input

Jonathon