Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: martin cheeta

dbd870

Oh, you want to check for mistakes as well! That's just evil.

wildeboer

Default Cheeta

I measured my limbs, 13 inches. My bow is a 2007 model, no hole at the back for a rear-mount sts like the 2008 models but I have the M-Pro cam on it.

Easton ST Axis 340 arrows, 29 inches long, 9.3gpi, 125gr NAP Nitrons and 2 inch Blazers at 70lb= 240fps( two different cronographs)

I expected a little more but I think my arrows are a little on the heavy side, about 465grain total but that is the standard for our hunting, South Africa

Post Thanks / Like

No, you had to type words into it which were displayed on the top of a box. The program counted how many letters you write in 60 seconds and how many words you wrote/misspelled.

I would never try to search for mistakes. I make too much of them myself. At least in english i make them, german is antoher thing.. xD
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

dbd870

Depending on what all is on you string, peep, silencers, D loops etc. that's not way off. MPro's are not known for their blazing speed but for their nice draw curve. I would have guessed 245-250fps maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

What color is the MPro cam? 2007 was a pewter color (grey). The 2008 is black and has a slot machined in it for a draw stop.

Simon, your English is just fine, thankyou. Many Americans should type as well as you instead of using all types of shortened versions like "u" for you and 4 instead of for. Then there are so many that don't know when to use "there", "their" (possessive pronoun), or "they're" (they are) Laziness abounds everywhere and excuses to match.

wildeboer

Default Cam colour

My cams is the mentioned grey colour.
    I have a standard peep, d-loop and the leches it came with, on the string.
    I also expected more out of the bow but it quiet at least

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wildeboer View Post
    I measured my limbs, 13 inches. My bow is a 2007 model, no hole at the back for a rear-mount sts like the 2008 models but I have the M-Pro cam on it.

Easton ST Axis 340 arrows, 29 inches long, 9.3gpi, 125gr NAP Nitrons and 2 inch Blazers at 70lb= 240fps( two different cronographs)

I expected a little more but I think my arrows are a little on the heavy side, about 465grain total but that is the standard for our hunting, South Africa

Yes, those are fairly heavy arrows by standards today, but most of us are whitetail deer hunters and as such don't really need as much momentum to achieve more pentration. If keeping to 5 gp/lb you could drop about 115 grai of arrow weight and get about 35fps more out of it. You'd certainly gain more speed and Kinetic Energy would remain nearly the same, but you'd lose momentum that you may need for Africa's larger game.

Not having much experience with the game you hunt I think I'd live with what you have and just enjoy the hunt. And hey, if you shoot anything big let us know how everything performs.

flytier17

I shot 513gr. FMJ's until I cut them down. Are now 470gr. I like the small diameter and the retention of KE even when busting through bone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flytier17 View Post
    I shot 513gr. FMJ's until I cut them down. Are now 470gr. I like the small diameter and the retention of KE even when busting through bone.
    Alec, I have a sticker on the inside of my top limb that reads "Stay away from the bone". Right there where I can see it every time I draw the bow. I know stuff happens but that is my motto.

That's one reason I don't like Muzzy broadheads. I hate their motto---Bad to the Bone. Hogwash!!! We all know broadheads kill by cutting through vital organs and blood letting---not busting bone.

I know you well enough that I know you wouldn't intentionally shoot bone. I just hate the mention of such stuff so don't take it personally.

dbd870

Alec, I have a sticker on the inside of my top limb that reads "Stay away from the bone".
    Yeah, I messed up and hit bone one time, misjudged the distance. - man that is a sickening sound to hear. I now use a range finder to get the distances in an area ahead of time.