Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Responce from the "POWERS THAT BE"!!!

hawgslayer

Default No Responce from the "POWERS THAT BE"!!!

Would be nice to get an answer when one asks. I asked and got nothing in return.

I'm out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hu? What is the problem?
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

flytier17

We here usually try to help the best we can. the only time I can see a problem is with traditional archery questions. There are only a couple members here who know anything about it, and even they may not be to uptodate on the Martin lineup. If it was a compound question, post it again, and I'm sure someone will be able to answer it or at least point you in the right direction.

NathGA

Question Huh?

I responded to one of your posts, and it looks like another was answered by a few other people. I don't think anyone ignores anyone intentionally. Post again and maybe someone can help. Martin doesn't check these pages (officially), and we're just a bunch of guys that shoot arrows. I had a post left un-answered, but then 6 that were responded to with great info within 24 hours. Sometimes people aren't sure about some of the older or more traditional stuff. I just ordered a Mamba. Maybe I can help you out more in the future after I get my feet wet. As I said, just repost. Nobody gets ignored intentionally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawgslayer View Post

Would be nice to get an answer when one asks. I asked and got nothing in return.

I'm out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I saw your other post about the new recurve. I did not, however, see a question. Did you have one?

In any case, as Alec said, most of us are into compounds. That doesn't make you or us better than the other. It just means we all have personal preferences. I haven't shot a recurve since 1974 so haven't kept up with them. Regardless, we would try to help if we could.

There are no "Powers That Be" here on this site. I'm not so sure that anybody from Martin staff even checks in here very often. We are just Martin archers trying to help archers. From what I know we are all just amateurs here so none of us consider ourselves "Holier Than Thou".

So join us if you like. We have people here from several corners of the globe and we have a good time, being interent friends, if you will. Who knows. Maybe you could teach us a thing or two. We mostly have open minds.

If you don't want to stay around then that's your choice also. Just please don't go away thinking we are a bunch of blue noses.

By the way, my name is Barry.

hawgslayer

Gents, thanks for your responce but it ins't a post that I'm referring to. I tried to contact the "POWERS THAT BE" with and idea concerning the trad shooters. That's the BEEF. I haven't received any response as of yet. It's not with fellow members. I've been shooting for 15+ yrs now. I first started out with traditional gear but over the yrs I went to Hoyt, PSE and settled on a MATHEWS OUTBACK. Took allot of critters with it and have no complaints except for me the challenge was gone. It was too easy. Went back to a recurve. Last season I filled my freezer with 3 does. All were double lung pass thrus and all were shot under 20 yards. I spot and stalk and I like to get up close and personal and put that arrow where it counts and not have to worry about wounding the critter or cross wind.
    Thanks again all who responded.

Ray, aka...............HAWGSLAYER

Post Thanks / Like

Barry, can you please explain me? I am just a bit worried about the content. I understand the part after Ray shooting for 15+ years now. Maybe i lack the knowledge about some phrases used so everyone is welcome to explain.

I just like the way Barry explains so i asked for him, everyones answers are welcome. Sorry.
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Post Thanks / Like

What do you want to know Simon?

Barry

Post Thanks / Like

I just do not understand this passage:

"I tried to contact the "POWERS THAT BE" with and idea concerning the trad shooters. That's the BEEF. I haven't received any response as of yet. It's not with fellow members."
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

hawgslayer

Montalaar.........

The phrase "POWERS THAT BE" refer to people in charge. I wrote a message to a site admin of which I can't remember who it was now, and asked a question concerning trad shooters here on the forum. It's been about 2 weeks now and I haven't recieved any kind of reply as to an idea. That's the problem. (THATS THE BEEF).
    I am retired from my first job and now I work under our goverments umbrella full time and still find time to get on the forum a dozen times a week or more.
    Once again there is no problem with the members replying to my posts in the past.
    (There has to be someone who looks these threads and replies over. I know because I used to be a moderator on another forum. I left there because things weren't geared toward the trad shooter. It was mainly compounds and guns, but at least they had a traditional section).

Ray............