Thread: Shattered limb

goinhtn63

Default Shattered limb

Well I was at the shooting range last Saturday and as I was shooting at full draw my lower limb on my new Firecat shattered. WOW did that ever scare the @#$% out of me. I have heard of this happening but never thought I would experience first hand, especially with a new bow.

So I took it back to the archery shop that I bought it from and they are going to replace everything but the riser.

Anyone have this happen to them with there Martin bows??? I hope this is a fluke thing....

Kevin...

dbd870

I had an old Lynx with wheels that crack a limb but it was many many years old - however it didn't shatter. Like you said it can happen to any of them. Martin will take care of you.

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin,

So far I've not had any rpoblems with my FireCat, but then I'm shooting light weight due to neck surgery. Where did the limb let go? Keep this is mind as Martin may appreciate any feedback if there is a limb problem and they are not yet aware of it. I know the limb tips are reinforced, but hopefully you got a fluke.

You aren't pushing the envelope for speed are you? If so you might consider being a bit more conservative.

I have broken a limb before, but many years ago and YES, it does scare the bejesus out of a man.

buckshot20

I had a similar problem with my 07 cougar. The modual on my cam broke and it caused my limbs to crack but have no worries, Martin will take care of you. They took care of me

goinhtn63

I don't think I am pushing the speed issue. I had it set at 70#'s. Arrow weight was within normal and safe range. I do think it was a fluke.
    It shattered where the pivot is. Not sure this is the proper name. ( The black oblong thing ). on the limb.

outdooraddict24

When it cracks there it can be due to improper pressing but you may have gotten a defective one. My Firecat just cracked its limb lengthwise right down the center in front of the upper cam. Who knows what happend it just felt funny when I pulled back to shoot and I looked and the cam was leaning excessively so i let down and inspected it and there was the crack. I know that martin is tops in customer service so you have nothing to worry about.