Thread: Hi all ! Doubts about slayer cat...

gad

Default Hi all ! Doubts about slayer cat...

Hi, this is my first posting, so: HI for all !

I am about to buy one slayer, but I just read one thread on AT, (I dont know if its allowed to put a link to another website here, but I havent found any mentioned about this on the forum rules, so...)

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=654106

I am in doubt, the pro shop told that martin are sending for they offset cable guards to replacement and also some spacers, that should be put under the limbs ?

Any of you had experience with this minor problem ? What is the function of those spacers ?

Thanks in advance for any reply ! I Hope to be a M4L soon....

Liv2KillBigBullz

Thanks for this posting. I am looking at a 08 Slayer but can't find a shop anywhere around to shoot one, if I can't find one soon I might be jumping off the Martin bandwagon and buying a Hoyt...as much as I love the Martin bows I have these kin of things scare me. Hopefully someone will explain whats going on.

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't a clue about the spacers under limbs. Doesn't make any sense to me.

As for the cables rubbing the mod? Most likely a rookie bow builder installed the straight carbon rod on some and the Slayer is supposed to have the stainless dog-leg rod ion it to achieve fletching clearance. That's probably the issue.

I wouldn't get all wired about it. Martin has a way of dealing with these problems to the customers' satisfaction.. Jake and Joel at customer service are two of the best in the business.

gad

Quote Originally Posted by Liv2KillBigBullz View Post
    Thanks for this posting. I am looking at a 08 Slayer but can't find a shop anywhere around to shoot one, if I can't find one soon I might be jumping off the Martin bandwagon and buying a Hoyt...as much as I love the Martin bows I have these kin of things scare me. Hopefully someone will explain whats going on.
    Thats exactly my toughs. I would love to listen any martin pro´s to explain it well.

gad

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    .... Most likely a rookie bow builder installed the straight carbon rod on some and the Slayer is supposed to have the stainless dog-leg rod ion it to achieve fletching clearance. That's probably the issue....
    May be, but if you look carefully at the slayer picture on the martin web page, you will see this slayer are with the straight carbon rod.

Also, the bowshop told me that martin are sending for them the dog-led rod to be replaced on their stock of slayers.

I want like to know more about this issue. Any other information ?

Post Thanks / Like

Gad, there aren't any Martin pro's on here--yet. There are a couple staff shooters, but we're not pro.

OK, here's the deal on the cable rods. Some of the early versions were shipped with the stright carbon rod. Low and behold, some of the public found that they weren't getting enough fletching clearance. Especially those shooting high profile fletching like Blazers (one reason I don't shoot them).

Call it an oversight or bad engineering or what have you. It's maybe something that wasn't anticipated. So what does Martin do? Why, it's easy. They replace the stright rod with the old tried and true doglegged version that's worked well for so many years.

So is there anything wrong with this? I'd call it good customer service. They fix the problem with no cost to the consumer

gad

Much clearer now. Thanks for clarifing the doubts Bfisher.

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Gad, there aren't any Martin pro's on here--yet. There are a couple staff shooters, but we're not pro.

OK, here's the deal on the cable rods. Some of the early versions were shipped with the stright carbon rod. Low and behold, some of the public found that they weren't getting enough fletching clearance. Especially those shooting high profile fletching like Blazers (one reason I don't shoot them).

Call it an oversight or bad engineering or what have you. It's maybe something that wasn't anticipated. So what does Martin do? Why, it's easy. They replace the stright rod with the old tried and true doglegged version that's worked well for so many years.

So is there anything wrong with this? I'd call it good customer service. They fix the problem with no cost to the consumer