Thread: Need Advice

Clout Master

Default Need Advice

Sadley to say one of our new club members dry fired his new Martin Dyna Sabour.
    This bow is only set at 55# at the moment,it is a full camo bow as he hopes to go bowhunting later in the year.
    Some club members are saying that the limbs are cracked, but to me it only apears to be crazing in the camo paint on the limbs, and not cracks in the limbs.
    I have been shooting for over 15 years and have seen many bows in that time that have blown limbs.
    where the crazing is I have never seen a limb break. halfway between the fork of the limb and the axle,there is no evidence of any cracking in the fork of ethier limbs ,also the crazing apears on the outside of the limbs every 2 to 3 inches,
    Apart from checking the cables and string, plus the axles for straight, what would you do????
    I'm not sure how thick the camo paint is on these limbs

Hope you guru's can help out here....

dbd870

I've seen the same thing in the finish before. Take a cotton ball and run it across there and see if it snags.

Post Thanks / Like

Besides that I'd take it to a dealer and let them have a look-see. I know you've been shooting a while, but if it were me a would not want to be the one making that determination and then something goes awry.

You're right about the camo finish though. It often looks like a crack in the limb but is just a "joint" in the finish.