Thread: Martin STS - Rubber end

Unregistered

Default Martin STS - Rubber end

Hi,

I bought a Martin STS and the rubber end has come off and I couldn't find it. Do they make just the rubber ends? How do you keep them from coming off?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

If I were you I'd drop a bit of glue (maybe rubber cementon the shaft and installed the rubber stopper. Best thing to do is put it on the bow and the string should keep it on the rod.

As to whether "they" make them? I'm sure somebody does, but who "they" are I don't know. Maybe a call to Martin customer service will get you one.

dbd870

Never tried to get a replacement from Martin but STS sells just the ends.

sawduster12

Default Thanks Joel

Thanks for your responses.

Talked to Joel. He said to keep end 1/16"-1/8" from string at rest. I had mine closer to 1/4" away.

Howard

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sawduster12 View Post
    Thanks for your responses.

Talked to Joel. He said to keep end 1/16"-1/8" from string at rest. I had mine closer to 1/4" away.

Howard
    You're kidding, right? Wish you had said this from the beginning. That rubber thing is supposed to stop the string from over traveling when shot. It can't do that if it's 1/4" away.

Question? Who adjusted it this way? My FireCat came out of the box with the rubber right against the string. I've been shooting one of these string stoppers (STS) for several years on other bows and always set them up with no more than the slightest gap (paper thin) between the rubber and the string. They work fine that way.

dbd870

Question? Who adjusted it this way? My FireCat came out of the box with the rubber right against the string. I've been shooting one of these string stoppers (STS) for several years on other bows and always set them up with no more than the slightest gap (paper thin) between the rubber and the string. They work fine that way.
    I put mine just touching as well.

sawduster12

Default New end

The rod that the rubber end is on is 1/4" away. With the rubber end it just touches it the string when the rod is all the way in.

Sorry for the confusion.

Added glue and it seems to be holding.

Thanks