Thread: 08 Leopard, 40 limbs

supernova

Default 08 Leopard, 40 limbs

How far can the draw weight be back down safely?

supernova

Default Never mind

It should be about 25 lbs. Correct me if I'm wrong

Post Thanks / Like

That's about right. However, before you back the limbs out you should probably bottom them out and see if they go higher than 40#. Then figure you can drop 15# safely.

I'm not going to tll you to do this, but I had a Pantera last year with 55# limbs and due to neck surgery and a couple other things I had to back the weight off to where I coulod handle the bow. That weight was 27#.

Put another way, the limb bolts thread into a barrle nut in the riser. You can see the bolt threads from the side. You can back the bolts out till you just see some daylight through the nut and still be OK. There won't be much strain on the threads.

supernova

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    That's about right. However, before you back the limbs out you should probably bottom them out and see if they go higher than 40#. Then figure you can drop 15# safely.

I'm not going to tll you to do this, but I had a Pantera last year with 55# limbs and due to neck surgery and a couple other things I had to back the weight off to where I coulod handle the bow. That weight was 27#.

Put another way, the limb bolts thread into a barrle nut in the riser. You can see the bolt threads from the side. You can back the bolts out till you just see some daylight through the nut and still be OK. There won't be much strain on the threads.
    Thanks for the response. I'm upgrading my son to a new leopard. He's going to be 9 in September. He's big for his age and shouldn't have a problem pulling the bow back at the lowest poundage.......I won't know until it arrives