Thread: bow problems need help

dw25

Default bow problems need help

im 14 and i just bought this bow 3 days ago from a guy on a hunting forum and as soon as i got it my dad went to draw it back and when he did his fingers slipped and he dry fired it and now not the cam but the other thing i think its called the axel is leaning and i wanted to know if it was bad and if it is bad how can i fix it? heres a pic its a martin cheetah and the thing at the top of the bow is leaning

dbd870

Oh, that's not good. I'd take it to a pro shop and have them check it over well to be sure all the problems are found. Parts can be ordered and it can be repaired. If you're not familiar with the work have it done. I strongly urge you not to draw it, shoot it or anything else until it's put back in shape, you could be seriously injured by doing so (a blown limb can be very dangerous). A bent axle on your idler is possibly causing what you are seeing. As you have had a chance to witness that is why I never draw a bow without an arrow nocked and pointed at a target. That's terrible to get a new bow and have something like that happen - Bummer!
    Last edited by dbd870; 07-23-2008 at 11:00 AM.

dw25

i mean its not leaning that much but its leaning enough to see it

dbd870

If it's been dry fired it needs to be checked out well. A dry fire is a major event.
    Last edited by dbd870; 07-23-2008 at 02:09 PM.

dw25

heres some pics of it

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do as they say and have a tech at a shop look at it BUT

that looks like normal lean on a Martin single cam bow. I own a shop and I have to fix this cam lean on most bows I get. It has to do with the cable guard pulling the string to one side and causing the cam to lean. Being dry fired Id have some one look at it and if all is well have them put a few twists in the harness to straighten out the idler wheel (the one on top) and then shoot till youre arms fall off!!!!!!Good luck and welcome. Kenny