Thread: Firecat Vs Moab

Mountie1

Default Firecat Vs Moab

I am getting ready to buy my first new bow in about 13 years. I currently shoot an old PSE Fireflight with round wheels and have never shot single cams or dual cam bows much. I went to my local shop and shot most everything there. I have narrowed my choice to either the Firecat or Moab. There is only about $120 dollars difference between the two at the local shop so price is not a huge difference. Both bows are very smooth but I think the Moab is a little smoother. Just looking for opinions if anyone has more experience with these two. Thanks for the help.

dbd870

Sounds like you have shot them both, it really comes down to personal preference. The Firecat will certainly give you more speed and the MOAB is gentler on the draw. You can back the Firecat off on draw weight and get the same speed as a MOAB like Barry says. I still prefered the MOAB but go with which one feels best to you; nothing wrong with either one of them.

Elk4me

I have owned both .! Both are very nice bows I owned the MOAB 1st and then SOLD it and bought a Firecat because I didn't want to shoot 70# DW anymore and went to a 60# bow and still have decent speed with a 62# Firecat!

TCR1

I have never gotten along with single cams myself. The power of the CAT cam is great and it seems to tune easier than a single cam for me, but then again, I have never gotten along with a single cam (though the m pro with the draw stop sure does seem nice!)

Anyway, There really isn't much to say since you have shot both. I hope you enjoy good succes with whichever you go with!

MOUNTIE1

I appreciate the help. I settled on the MOAB, got it on Tuesday and am very pleased. Anything would have been an improvement on the old PSE. Will have to buy a new target though. The WalMart 4x4 is much to hard to remove field points. Again, thanks for the help. Glad to be back with Martin. My first compaound was a Martin Cougar Magnum (20 years ago).

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on your purchase, you got a great bow. =)
    (2) Hoyt PCEXL

Elk4me

I have to update my earlier post , YES I have shot and owned both a MOAB 2X and a Firecat. For should Injuries this yr I have returned to the MOAB and man is it smooth! I really loved the Firecat and hated to sell it ,but 5 weeks away from Elk Seaon here in Montana and I needed a bow my shoulder could handle!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Elk4me View Post
    I have to update my earlier post , YES I have shot and owned both a MOAB 2X and a Firecat. For should Injuries this yr I have returned to the MOAB and man is it smooth! I really loved the Firecat and hated to sell it ,but 5 weeks away from Elk Seaon here in Montana and I needed a bow my shoulder could handle!
    OK, so it draws smoother and this is a plus for some. I am suffering from about 40% muscle loss of the left deltoid due to a crushed nerve in my neck last year (surgery). This time last year I struggled with a 15# Genisis. Now I'm shooting a 45# FireCat. Things are starting to come back, but slowly.

The point I like to make is why not just turn the weight down on the harder cam bow? Comparing the two mentioned the FireCat will attain about the same speed as a MOAB cranking out about 8# more. How much weight drawn makes little difference as what we are trying to achieve is a given arrow speed. If I can attain it with that 8# less then that is most likely the bow I'll choose.

NOw if speed is not an issue then I say "whatever floats your boat".