Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broadhead Weight 100 vs XX

dbd870

You're borderline; the rule of thumb is 5gr/lb. Now with less aggressive cam's and shorter draw lengths you can fudge that some. I've seen a chart that actually gives a minimum arrow weight accounting for all those factors but I couldn't find it now. Also be aware using arrows less than 5gr/lb will void the warranty.

Post Thanks / Like

Better get not under the 350gr per arrow.

As you should know there is no longer any warranty if you shoot arrows under 5gr per lb of drawweight.
    (2) Martin ShadowCat 2010

Fin

The 5gr per pound rule didn't even cross my mind...Thanks for the heads up on that....I'll just drop the weight down a pound or so to keep the numbers in line for my warrenty!

buckshot20

or try putting the 100 grain heads back on. That would get you back up there. Just a thought

Post Thanks / Like

thats what i would do too, put the 100's on becuz that would get you back up there, but that would also give u more uuhhmmffff on the next animal you shoot at...

Fin

Think I'll try things both ways at the range...1. Drop the Bow down to 68 or 68.5 lbs w/ 85 gr heads and 2. Set Bow to 70 lbs w/ 100 gr heads and see what works best..???

Post Thanks / Like

What draw length? You're squeezing the 5gr/lb rule pretty thin. I suggest you take a look at an AMO Minimum Arrow Weight chart. You can find one at www.bowjackson.com