Thread: Notrous cams on S4

Martinju

Default Notrous cams on S4

Next year, I'll be shooting a Scepter 4 Elite and since I know nitrous cams are hard to come by, I figured I'd start looking now, I just need a little help. I want to put on a pair of nitrous x cams on the S4 I'm going to get, but I'm not sure what mod to get for a S4 with elite limbs. I'm a 28" draw. Whats your recommendations for the mod I should look for? I will order the bow with furious/furious x mods, but when I put the nitrous/nitrous x cams on what will the string and cable length be? The same as the furious I hope?!
    Thanks a lot!

Post Thanks / Like

Scepterman should be able to help you with some information. Till he shows up I'll try to humor you. I think you are going to need the A Base cams for your draw length. If you want a little better performance you might even be able to use mini-mods.

I wouldn't count on the string and cables being the same length. They might be, but I seriously doubt.

If Sceptermandoesn't show up then I'd suggest LeEarl on www.archerytalk.com.

In fact that's where I'd start my search for the cams and mods if I were you.

And for your info I went through all the Bow Cam charts looking for the Scepter/M50, but o no avail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Martinju View Post
    Next year, I'll be shooting a Scepter 4 Elite and since I know nitrous cams are hard to come by, I figured I'd start looking now, I just need a little help. I want to put on a pair of nitrous x cams on the S4 I'm going to get, but I'm not sure what mod to get for a S4 with elite limbs. I'm a 28" draw. Whats your recommendations for the mod I should look for? I will order the bow with furious/furious x mods, but when I put the nitrous/nitrous x cams on what will the string and cable length be? The same as the furious I hope?!
    Thanks a lot!
    You will definalely need A base cam size and mini mods. String length will be 55.5" and cable length will be 44.75". You can go a little shorter...bout a 1/2" for strings and cables if you want as long as AtoA is around 43" +or- a little.
    Note: If you get it with the small Furious and you are switching to the A base cam you can utilize the same cables but the string that comes on the Furious cam will be about a 1/2" to long so you will need to get a different string and dont worry about you limbs, they should pull about the same draw weight if you are swapping small Furious cams for the A base NOS cams.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by scepterman30x; 08-05-2008 at 08:08 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Scepterman should be able to help you with some information. Till he shows up I'll try to humor you. I think you are going to need the A Base cams for your draw length. If you want a little better performance you might even be able to use mini-mods.

I wouldn't count on the string and cables being the same length. They might be, but I seriously doubt.

If Sceptermandoesn't show up then I'd suggest LeEarl on www.archerytalk.com.

In fact that's where I'd start my search for the cams and mods if I were you.

And for your info I went through all the Bow Cam charts looking for the Scepter/M50, but o no avail.
    Thats because it is the listed as the M-57 Scepter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scepterman30x View Post
    Thats because it is the listed as the M-57 Scepter.
    Thanks for that. Wonder why they list it in the catalog as M-50 and M-57 on the website? Oh well, at least now I know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfisher View Post
    Thanks for that. Wonder why they list it in the catalog as M-50 and M-57 on the website? Oh well, at least now I know.
    I wish they would call it what it is instead of the alpha numeric system. It would make life easier for us.

dbd870

I wish they would call it what it is instead of the alpha numeric system. It would make life easier for us.

I've thought that before as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dbd870 View Post
    I've thought that before as well.
    Me too. It gets a little hard to remember all the model #'s when sombody asks a question about a particular model and then I have to go to a catalog to get the model # so I can correlate it to the Bow Cam Charts. It's just double work all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the powers that be will see this post and fix it for us. OK guys I'm going to start holding my breath riiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggght......now!

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the powers that be will see this post and fix it for us. OK guys I'm going to start holding my breath riiiiiiiiiiiiiiggggght......now!
    Yeah, right!!!!!!!!! I don't know. Maybe they know something we don't. I can say for sure they've been in the bow business longer than me.